info tech
info tech, Technician
Experience:  Television Engineer for many high street outlets 20 plus years experience
18621325

I have a Bush TV model A632, and recently the volume will auto

I have a Bush TV model A632, and recently the volume will auto increase without me using the remote, I am not really tech savvy and just wondered if there was anything i could do to stop this from happening. i dont think its the remote as it still happens when i take the batteries out of it ( the batteries have recently been changed also )
Category: TV
Expert:  info tech replied 3 years ago.
Welcome
Thanks for the Question

How old is the set please?

Anthony
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The Set is about 4-5 years old, still in excellent condition. this is the first problem i am having with the set

Expert:  info tech replied 3 years ago.

Thanks for checking the remote that would have been the first thing I would have asked you to do, OK the problem you have is with the volume up tact switch on the set itself, now a quick way out of this is to disconnect the function board that the tact switch is on that is the volume channel change printed circuit board just behind the buttons, the back of the set will need to come off of course find the board just behind the buttons in the front and pull out the lead that feeds it, usually a ribbon one but could be a plug in lead, now the front buttons wont work however they are seldom used anyhow, (you could take a note of the partnumber of the board and order this at a later date).

Let me know if you need more info or dont understand this

Please consider rating the answer positively, rating me positively enables me to receive credit from the site, thank you, XXXXX XXXXX will remain open and stay open as long as you need it.If you have any concerns please dont rate instead press the "reply to expert" tab and I will answer any queries you have

Many Thanks
Anthony
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you Very much, I have disconnected the buttons on the side of the TV and this has sorted the problem. As you say i rarely used those buttons so were not needed, I can finally watch my TV again without having to keep my finger on the volume down button.

Expert:  info tech replied 3 years ago.

Thats great news!

Please remember to rate teh answer positively, this is the only way I receive credit from the site thank you, XXXXX XXXXX be a rating bar with this post

Thanks again
Anthony