info tech
info tech, Technician
Experience:  Television Engineer for many high street outlets 20 plus years experience
18621325

some channels on my tv work and others dont. had picture board

Customer Question

some channels on my tv work and others don't. had picture board replaced last year tv was ok for long time. aerial is ok
Category: TV
Expert:  info tech replied 3 years ago.
Welcome
Thanks for the Question

I will need the model number please found on the back of the set?

Anthony
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

model 42LD450-ZA

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

model number is XXXXX

Expert:  info tech replied 3 years ago.

So this is watching through an aerial and you have dropped a few channels have you tried manually tuning in those channels?autotune is NOT gauranteed to find all channels im afraid

Let me know if you have tried that

Anthony
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

i haven't tried that yet. i know how to autotune but not manual. i will try and hope i manage

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

the signal strength and signal quality are moving all the time fluctuating from 1% to 45% .will continue to try

Expert:  info tech replied 3 years ago.

Sorry you need to find the freq of the channels you have lost from your transmitter provider then coarse and fine tune manually

Anthony
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

i go to manual tuning but when i go to dtv channel 23 nothing happens. please can you take me through steps

Expert:  info tech replied 3 years ago.

No thats the channel number you need to find out which transmitter you are receiving your services from for example emley moor for yorkshire winter hill for lancashire etc then go to the website and fid out the frequencys of the channels you are missing then when you search for those channels you will be looking for that frequency for example 720MHz

Let me know if you need more info

Anthony
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

why does my tv upstairs work and not the main one? they must use the same transmitter.

Expert:  info tech replied 3 years ago.

Its because autotune is not reliable for tuning, if the other TV goes off the same aerial and its OK then at least the aerial is not at fault, because if its not coming from the same aerial and your having no luck with manual tuning then its likely to be aerial trouble .....

Here is more on this

http://www.digitaluk.co.uk/howtoretune/retuning_instructions

Also try and get the set back to a "first time installation" of the set then try autotune

Anthony

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

sorry maybe i wasn't clear with my question. i had all channels but some were fine but others were breaking up. after last re tune i now have no bbc channels at all. i can watch itv channels 4,5,6 ok but itv 3 and 4 break up until i fiddled with where aerial goes into back of tv. the aerial works ok when i have put into upstairs portable tv. could there be a problem with that connection into t?

Expert:  info tech replied 3 years ago.

That kind of issue is usually a problem with reception, however yes the tuner could be bad in the set, did you put the portable in the same point for the aerial for the TV proper?

Anthony
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

when i had problem before i got aerial changed and it still didn't resolve it. repairman changed the picture board. have just done factory reset and autotune found 11 more programmes but stilll no bbc. signal strength and quality test still low and fluctuating. now itv 3 breaking up.

Expert:  info tech replied 3 years ago.

Im afraid you have a reception issue.
You may need to get an aerial rigger around to figure out why the signal is low.

The tuner could be bad in the set but to be honest its hardly likely get the guys out who installed the aerial and ask them to prove to you the signal is good they can do that with a signal strength meter across the spectrum

Anthony