Aric
Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

My HD HAS STOPPED WORKING ON MY 32 INCH HD READY TV. WORKED

My HD HAS STOPPED WORKING ON MY 32 INCH HD READY TV. WORKED UNTIL JUST BEFORE CHRISTMAS 2013 BUT CANNOT NOW GET IT. GET A MESSAGE TELLING ME THAT IT IS NOT AVAILABLE  THE MESSAGE CODE IS YVM607 - MODEL NO. LE32B450C4W

Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 3 years ago.
Hello and thank you for the question.

What is connected to the TV that you receive your HD broadcasts from?

If it's some sort of Cable or Sky box, how is that box connected (HDMI cable, etc. )?

Additionally, are you certain the TV is set to the correct Input?

Have you tried having the box, and or cable swapped out yet?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

1. A Youview box

2. Via HDMI cable

3.Yes, have checked my settings

4. Yes both the box and cable have been swapped

Expert:  Aric replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for the reply. Now the message you're seeing on the screen, I am not sure if this is the TV saying it cannot pickup the signal from the YouView Box, or the YouView Box is not able to pick up a signal.

Let me ask you this, if the set is on with that message on the screen, and you simply unplug the HDMI cable from the YouView Box, does the message stay on the screen?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The message on my screen reads as follows: 'You can't watch this programme on your TV as content protection could not be enabled. For help go to youview.com/support and search for YVM607'

When I unplug the hdmi cable I get a no signal message

Expert:  Aric replied 3 years ago.
Thanks for the reply. If you've tried a new You View box, as well as a new HDMI cable as indicated, then the fault is within the TV.

Unfortunately this is a common mode of failure and the HDMI inputs have shorted and failed. HDMI is very finicky as it is the only connection that carries 5 volts of Bus power down the cable to transmit the signal. It is prone to failure from slight surges (even with a surge protector), Arcs from within the jack, or a cable that has failed. Unfortunately there are no settings, or buttons you can change to allow the HDMI jacks working again. You will need to have the Mainboard on the TV replaced (It houses the HDMI jacks and the AV connections). Average cost for this type of repair is around $275 parts and labor.

I know this is not the answer you'd hoped for and I wish there were a quick fix.

If you need further assistance, then please press "Reply to Expert". Otherwise, please take a moment to RATE my service as Positive. Subscription is not required and your question does not close when you rate. You are rating my advice and information NOT how this site works or how your device functions (note that a negative rating does not issue a refund).