Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

Why does my finlux TV jam up when I insert a pay memory stick

Why does my finlux TV jam up when I insert a pay memory stick ? Pny shtick not pay.
Category: TV
Expert:  Shahid replied 3 years ago.
Hello, my name isXXXXX be happy to assist you.
Please allow me to ask you a few questions to diagnose the problem.

- Can you please get me the model number written on back of your TV?
- What kind of memory stick it is that you are trying to play on TV?
- Please provide bit more details of problem that would help to trouble shoot the issue.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Model no 40s8070t pny 16gb
Expert:  Shahid replied 3 years ago.
Thanks for the info.

- Does TV display any error message when insert memory stick?
- Have you tried another smaller size memory stick like 4GB or 8GB?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
No messages the TV jams right up cannot even switch off have to switch off the mains to clear it smaller stick the same problem
Expert:  Shahid replied 3 years ago.
OK, can you check what file system the memory stick has?
FAT16, FAT32 or some thing else?

OR can you try to format memory stick on FAT32 system on computer, plug it in TV and check?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Sorry I do not know how to that I am new to this stuff !!!
Expert:  Shahid replied 3 years ago.
Plug memory stick in USB port of PC, click Start, My Computer then right click memory stick mass storage device (device name could be change but it would appear as memory device) icon then select Format, select FAT32 file system in window that would appear to proceed.
When format process finished, pull the memory device from PC and plug it in TV and check.

Does TV still stall or stuck?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I am really sorry about all this shahid but I am completely out of my depth here thanks for all your help but I must call it a day
Expert:  Shahid replied 3 years ago.
Bryan,

How old is this TV?
Is it first time you are playing memory stick on it or was working fine before and recently got problem?
Format memory stick isn't that difficult, can you try it now to figure out the issue?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
The TV is new big problem I do not have a computer
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
The TV is new big problem I do not have a computer. But I know someone who has !!!
Expert:  Shahid replied 3 years ago.
OK, you may please try USB memory stick format suggestion at later time and check it on TV, if it still jams the TV then it would be internal issue of TV.
I hope TV would still under warranty so call the store to get it replaced or repaired under warranty that wont cost you any money.
I trust my input will help you out. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.
A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated!
Regards,

Shahid.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Thank you very much for patience with dealing with a dummy !!!!!!