info tech
info tech, Technician
Experience:  Television Engineer for many high street outlets 20 plus years experience
18621325

I have a Samsung tv. When you are watching the tv changes its

I have a Samsung tv. When you are watching the tv changes its source ie HDMi to tv to Pc etc without you asking. You change the source back to the one you want and this works for a short while and then wanders as described above.
Can you help please
Category: TV
Expert:  info tech replied 2 years ago.
Welcome
Thanks for the Question

I will need the model number please found on the back of the set?

Anthony
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

model no LE32B530P7W

Expert:  info tech replied 2 years ago.
Hi Dave

Dave is their an INPUT button on the set itself not the remote?

Anthony
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

It does not

Expert:  info tech replied 2 years ago.

I just checked their is on the side of the set a source button thats the input button please make sure this isnt sticky or caught on the plastic let me know about that first

Anthony
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

the button on the side says source have tried this and it is free moving

the source is still changing at will

Expert:  info tech replied 2 years ago.

That's not an answer I gave its just to know if ytheirs an input source button on the set and if its ok, ok one last check and I stress a check and not an answer is the remote itself TAKE BATTERIES out of remote so its dead then try set again is it still the same let me know please

Anthony
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Source/input button seems to be working ok

Expert:  info tech replied 2 years ago.
Hi Dave

No what I mean is if you take the batteries out of the remote so the remote is dead is it still switching inputs?

Dave I do know the problem its just that I have to eliminate the 10% of other things that can be causing this so one is the source button being stuck which you have cleared and now the remote itself

Anthony
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Anthony

took batteries out of remote adjusted manually but problem persists

Expert:  info tech replied 2 years ago.
Hi Dave

OK thanks for covering all that
The problem you have is with the tact switch on the set itself that is a switch that lives just below the source button on the set itself its gone bad, now you can disconnect the function board that the switch is on (volume\channel change\source)by pulling out the lead that feeds it, the function buttons then wont work however problem will be resolved, while your in there you could get the partnumber from the function board and order at a later date

Let me know if you dont understand anything here or if you feel this is out of your scope

Please consider rating the answer positively, rating me positively enables me to receive credit from the site, thank you, XXXXX XXXXX will remain open and stay open as long as you need it.If you have any concerns please dont rate instead press the "reply to expert" tab and I will answer any queries you have

Many Thanks
Anthony
info tech, Technician
Experience: Television Engineer for many high street outlets 20 plus years experience