Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

Hi there my samsung tv has picture but it has no sound and

Customer Question

Hi there my samsung tv has picture but it has no sound and it has a clicking noise at the back of my tv and ive tried turning it off and on again still no sound?
Category: TV
Expert:  Shahid replied 3 years ago.
Hello, my name isXXXXX be happy to assist you.
Please allow me to ask you a few questions to diagnose the problem.

- What is the model number written on back or side of TV?
- What video devices (cable or satellite box, DVD player etc) are connected to TV and do you get no sound regardless of what video source is being played on it?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The model number is XXXXX and my tv is connected with hdmi cables

Expert:  Shahid replied 3 years ago.

What is connected with HDMI cables to this TV?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Games consoles.

Expert:  Shahid replied 3 years ago.
Thanks for the info.

Have you tried another video device like DVD player to plug in HDMI input of TV for check?
Can you plug a headphone at rear of TV for sound check?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi i have plugged headphones in at rear tv for sound check still no sound and i don't have dvd players because my games consoles already can play dvd's.

Expert:  Shahid replied 3 years ago.

OK, so TV lost sound at same time with both game consoles, correct?
Have you tried to unplug TV power cord from wall socket for 10 minutes to reset, replug and check sound?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi yea the tv has a clicking sound at the back of tv it clicks every 3 seconds and im sure the sound is not working for both consoles i will unplug the tv power cord from the wall socket now and i will see if it works after 10 minutes if that doesn't work then my samsung tv 27 inch will need to be repaired and the tv is 7 months old.

Expert:  Shahid replied 3 years ago.
Hi Luke,

Yes, if unplug - replug doesn't work for sound issue then it would be sound processor chip failure and main board of TV would be replaced to resolve the problem.
I hope TV would still be under 12 months warranty, need to call number written on warranty card to get it repaired under warranty cover.

I'm sorry there is no easy or quick fix for this problem and it is definitely hardware failure that needs defective board replacement to resolve the issue.
I trust my input will help you out. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.
A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated!
Regards,

Shahid.