Mike G.
Mike G., Technician
Experience:  10 Years Audio Video Repair & Setup
24542549

We have an OKI TV and in the last few days it has stopped working

We have an OKI TV and in the last few days it has stopped working and with a little juggling with the the cables if re starts, but today it will not switch on and the red light(power on) is not illuminated. Help please!
Category: TV
Expert:  Mike G. replied 3 years ago.
Hello, my name isXXXXX satisfaction is my top priority. Please press CTRL+D now to bookmark this page so you have easy access to our conversation. To get started we need more information (additional details may be required):
1. What is the full model number of your Tv?
2. How long have you had the Tv?

Please REPLY here with all the information to get started.
My replies may take several minutes so please be patient.

Mike
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I believe the TV is a OKI L32VD-PHTUV and was purchased in 2012.

Martyn

Expert:  Mike G. replied 3 years ago.

Thanks Martyn.

If you are not getting the front led when you plug it in, then the Tv does have an internal failure. It could be a fuse on the Power Supply but honestly diagnosing the Tv just by the external symptoms is not possible. The Tv needs to be opened up and checked on the inside (requires using a volt meter to check). If this is something you want to attempt then I can assist you here but I don't know your technical skill level and therefore I cannot guarantee success. Many times it requires purchasing more than one part until the Tv is working. If this is something you want to attempt then please REPLY and tell me if you want to proceed with my assistance.

If you are not ready for this type of DIY diagnosis/repair then honestly it's probably not worth fixing because parts and labor will cost almost as much as a new 32" Tv (labor is very expensive).

I'm really sorry there is no easy fix that you can do right now but at least we have given you the power to make an informed decision on what to do with your Tv BEFORE wasting time and money with a repair shop.

Because of the way this website works, I have marked this post as my answer but that does not mean we are done. If my answer is not what you expected or you need more details, please use the REPLY option.

Now, if you are ready please take a moment to rate my service with a SMILEY. After rating, you can reply to me at no additional cost and subscription is not required. My livelihood truly depends on your positive rating because I do not get paid hourly here. Also remember to give me high marks when you see the FEEDBACK survey!

NOTE: Refunds are handled by customer service not by giving me a negative rating. You should not give me a negative rating because you found this website confusing or difficult to use, or because my answer contains bad news, or if the solution to your problem requires complex procedures or recommendations for additional products, parts, repairs, or services.

Mike