Aric
Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

32" t v there is no sound

32" t v there is no sound
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 3 years ago.
Hello and thank you for the question.

What exactly is the TV connected to that you receive your broadcasts from- is it a cable box please?

Also, if you select a different Input such as a DVD player, is there still no sound?

Please reply back with details and we can proceed.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The television is run from my sky dish into afreestat box, it is also connected to a d v d box ?

Expert:  Aric replied 3 years ago.
Okay thank you. What I need you to do is check the DVD player on the TV and please let me know if there is no sound from the DVD.

Usually there will be sound from the DVD and the issue is likely caused by the Sky- but let me know and we can proceed.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I have now put ad v d into the player and there iis a picture but still there is no sound

Expert:  Aric replied 3 years ago.
Okay, if there's still no sound with a DVD, then the TV is causing the problem. Please run through all of the steps below to restore sound.

Please disconnect the TV from power, then press and hold the power button on the TV itself (not the remote), for 15 seconds and release. Then plug the TV back in and press power once. If there is still no sound then proceed as follows:

First, make sure the Volume is turned up on BOTH the Cable Box AND the TV. Each has its own independent volume control and if one or the other is turned down, then you will have no sound.
Beyond this, please reset the system by following the steps below:
Please shut the TV and cable box down. Unplug the Cable box from AC power for one minute. During this time, disconnect and reconnect the HDMI cable on both ends, making sure it is secure. Then plug the cable box back in, turn on and let it reboot. Once it's rebooted, then turn on the TV and attempt to watch a program.
The sound should be back on at this point.

If it's still not on, then reply back with the model number off of the back of the TV.

Also, what type of cables are connecting the Sky signal to the TV.

If you need further assistance, then please press "Reply to Expert". Otherwise, please take a moment to RATE my service as Positive. Subscription is not required and your question does not close when you rate. You are rating my advice and information NOT how this site works or how your device functions (note that a negative rating does not issue a refund).

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you for your help the sound has now been reinstated