Nathan
Nathan, Installer
Experience:  Custom home theater installer, authorized dealer top brands.
59725966
TV

My toshiba tv wont turn on. The standby light is flashing red

green but wont turn on... Show More
green but wont turn on eith either remote or button on tv
32d1333db
it is only 2 months old
Category: TV
Show Less
replied 3 years ago.

Nathan :

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble. We’ll get started chatting here. I am also sending you an offer so you can reach me directly me by phone if preferred. Feel free to ignore it for now, it will be available to you at any time if you need to get more help after our chat.

Nathan :

Unfortunately, the symptoms you are experiencing are symptomatic of an internal hardware defect, typically a faulty power supply or main board (the 2 most common failure points). This issue could be a manufacturing defect, but is also often caused by a power event (shock/surge, prolonged over/under voltage condition, etc).

There is one step you can take here, both as a possible fix, as well as a diagnostic evaluation
1) Unplug the power cord from the tv

2) Wait at least 1 hour (60+ Minutes)

3) Press and hold the power button (on the set, not the remote) for 60 seconds
4) Keep holding power button while plugging back in, and for another 60 seconds after. When plugging back in, go directly to the wall outlet, bypassing any power strips or surge protectors.

If this reset process does not work, it would unfortunately confirm a hardware failure. That is something that would require repairs to correct. Being only 2 months old, it should be covered under the Toshiba factory warranty still.

Nathan :

So your bet option at that point is to first check with the retailer if you can still return/exchange it within their return policy, and if not to seek warranty repair/replacement through Toshiba.

Nathan :

Their contact number is XXXXX(NNN) NNN-NNNNfor warranty claims.

Customer:

The power cord is screwed into the tv the nearest i can fo is unplug it unless i unscrew

Nathan :

You don't have to unplug it from the back of the television, you can unplug the other end at the mains

Customer:

I have done that just waiting now

Nathan :

Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX your update when you have the chance.

Customer:

It us still flashing no difference i will take it back to the shop 2mrw

Customer:

Thank you for your help

Customer:

It is still flashing i will take it back thank u for your help