TV Tech1
TV Tech1, Technician
Experience:  30 Years experience. Authorized Warranty servicer.
26807325

my LG32LN5400 IS ABOUT 6 MONTHS OLD. RECENTLY DEVELOPED A

my LG32LN5400 IS ABOUT 6 MONTHS OLD. RECENTLY DEVELOPED A FAULT - IT KEEPS SWITCHING ON AND OFF - AS IN GOING TO STANDBY - ON AND OFF EVERY 5 SECONDS. ANY IDES? DO I NEED TO RETURN IT TO THE SHOP?
Category: TV
Expert:  TV Tech1 replied 3 years ago.
Hello, I'm TV Tech1 and I'll be working with you to identify and help you resolve your problem.

Since you've owned it for 6 months, returning it to the shop for an exchange is unlikely to yield results that you want.

You should contact LG so they can send you to one of their preferred servicers to repair your TV set. They'll have the tools to determine if the problem is the main board, the power supply or the LED drive circuit.

Since it's cycling every 5 seconds, I suspect the TV is testing the power/led drive and finding a fault there.
The LG servicer will be able to determine that and replace parts under the warranty.
Try to find your purchase receipt if you can. Warranty repairs require the receipt, OR LG authorizing the repair if no receipt is available.

If you follow those recommendations, you'll have your TV repaired without any hassles.