Richard, Technician
Experience:  TV Engineer
32989067

Samsung series 6 smart TV. Series recording was scheduled,

Customer Question

Samsung series 6 smart TV. Series recording was scheduled, TV now also recording repeats. How do I stop this scheduling as it conflicts with a current programme and I have to manually select the new programme
Category: TV
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is Richard and I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

You can view, modify or delete a show you have reserved
to watch. Programmed timer viewing is displayed here.

Highlight a program and press the TOOLS button to display
Options. You will want to choose

Cancel Schedules: Cancel a show you have reserved
to watch.
✎ This deletes the highlighted or selected
program(s).

If you have any problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Sorry, having tried that my recording device has just lost everything previously recorded and has demanded to be re-formatted and all because I pressed the 'Tools' button. Not impressed - perhaps not your fault as such but .....

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
No, pressing the Tools button Tony would not have done this, it just enters the Tools Menu.

This meant there was an issue on the hard disk, and as soon as you tried to access it, it encountered this error.

But pressing the Tools button does not do this, I can promise this.

But now that it has formatted, which should have removed the issue, do you now see how to remove the recordings?

You should also see that pressing the Tools button this time does not result in everything being formatted.

Let me know please.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have gone from an inconvenient situation of having to select the channel I don't want to record to having no recording device and all my recorded programmes lost. So I am not particularly happy and do not consider the £17.00 to be acceptable cost.
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Tony

What I instructed you to do was press the Tools button, which takes you to the tools menu. This is a normal function. The results you got are due to a defective player.

Pressing the Tools menu does not result in this. I would advise to return it and have it replaced under warranty.

This is why you are having the issue.

Feel free please to ask if you would like any additional information.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Whatever you are saying may be the case but - I would remind you that up until the point whereby I followed your instruction my TV and USB recording device had been functioning correctly and, as I have been using this for over a year 'repair under warranty' is not a realistic option.

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
ok Tony, I can only give you the correct instructions for the problem you had, there is no other way to do it.

I am not sure what more you want from me.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I took the plunge and paid for professional advice - I do not dispute that is what I received. But you must appreciate that, as a consequence of following that advice I lost my recorded programmes and the USB HDD also vanished. Not money well spent as far as I am concerned.

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
ok Tony, not sure how to explain why this happened any other way.