info tech
info tech, Technician
Experience:  Television Engineer for many high street outlets 20 plus years experience
18621325

Our Panasonic T,V which we purchased about 4 months ago has

Our Panasonic T,V which we purchased about 4 months ago has suddenly lost its High Definition. We have tried retuning but to no avail. This happened sometime back but it corrected itself within a few days. This time the problem has gone on much longer. Can you hep us.?
Category: TV
Expert:  info tech replied 2 years ago.
Welcome
Thanks for the Question

I will need the model number please found on the back of the set?

Thank You
Anthony
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

TX-L47ET61B

Expert:  info tech replied 2 years ago.
Hi John

How are you viewing TV services please?satellite\cable\aerial?

Does the HD drop out on other inputs too please like a dvd player for example?

What definition does it drop too please?720\480?

Anthony
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

We are viewing with aerial and the HD does not work on anything. I do not know what definition it drops to.

Expert:  info tech replied 2 years ago.
Hi John

If the HD is dropping out it will flash up its resolution so if its on 1080p for example then drops for whatever reason to 720p this will be seen on the display so are you not seeing that?if not then please describe to me exactly what you see on the display please?

Anthony
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

There is no display it just sys channel unavailable when we try to get HD

Expert:  info tech replied 2 years ago.

OK bit confused here are you saying their is no display for a particular channel or are you saying that if you change the HD it comes on?you see no pic and no sound on the display doesnt mean its anything to do with HD

Let me know please

Anthony
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

We can watch BBc1 with no problem try 101 which is the HD channel an d it says invalid channel. This all. worked fine until a few days ago. This also applies to BBC2 and ITV

Expert:  info tech replied 2 years ago.

I see

OK please try a reboot of the set by disconnecting it from wallpower waiting 5 mins then replugging the set back in again

Let me know if that changes anything

Anthony
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Sorry no luck just the same response "invalid channel"

Expert:  info tech replied 2 years ago.
Hi John

I am sorry that did not work having weighed up the situation its likely to be glitchy firmware causing the trouble their is no upgrade at panasonic so a panasonic service agent will need to swop the mainboard takes about 15 mins to do that.
The only thing outside of this is a poor signal but I believe it to be the firmware
Contact your retailer where you bought the set who will advise your best option under warranty

Let me know if you need more info

Please consider rating the answer positively, rating me positively enables me to receive credit from the site, thank you, XXXXX XXXXX will remain open and stay open as long as you need it.If you have any concerns please dont rate instead press the "reply to expert" tab and I will answer any queries you have

Many Thanks
Anthony

info tech, Technician
Experience: Television Engineer for many high street outlets 20 plus years experience