Aric
Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

Hi there, I have a Toshiba Digital TV & watch programs through

Hi there, I have a Toshiba Digital TV & watch programs through Virgin cable box series 3 so can watch many channels apart from just Freeview.
I have also bought a DVR20KB DVD/VHS external recorder. Can I record the programs or films I find interesting onto a DVD disc for my own keeping. If so, how & where do I connect the external recorder?
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 3 years ago.
Hello and thank you for the question. Does the back of your Cable Box have a set of red,white and yellow RCA jacks available please?

Also what type of connection is used between the recorder and the TV itself?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Aric, no there are no red,white or yellow RCA jacks at the back of the Virgin Tivo box. the only ports at the back are scartlet, 2 USB ports and Ethernet and an HDMI of which a cable runs to the TV.

2 Q answer : 1 is a scart cable or a HDMI cable or can use component vidio cable and Audio cable and coaxial to Digital audio input jack.

sorry about the delay in answering as have dificulty in moving around becouse of disability and very slow on computer. please bear with me.

Expert:  Aric replied 3 years ago.
No problems and thank you for the reply Faruk. What you will need to do specifically to get the Toshiba to record from the Virgin Box, is run a Scart from the Virgin box to the jacks labeled "Scart IN" on the back of the Toshiba. This sends the AV signal to the Toshiba to record.

Now on question 2, I was not asking what is available, I was asking how specifically the Virgin box IS already connected to the TV please?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The Vigin Tivo box is connected by a HDMI cable and the Cable Antenna.

Q: Will I then be able to recored any of the programs that I am wacthing ie: just started to watch Swamp men so if I press recored it will do just that?

Expert:  Aric replied 3 years ago.
You would need to do the following:

1) Run a Scart from the Virgin box to the Scart IN on the Toshiba.

2) Run a Scart from the Toshiba OUT to the TV.

When recording programs, and also when viewing recorded programs, you would select the "Scart" Input on the TV.

If you need further assistance, then please press "Reply to Expert". Otherwise, please take a moment to RATE my service as Positive. Subscription is not required and your question does not close when you rate. You are rating my advice and information NOT how this site works or how your device functions (note that a negative rating does not issue a refund).

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you Aric for all your knowledge and help given to me and have found you to be most helpful. I shall indeed pass your site to all my friends that need help. bless you young man u were worth getting in touch with. Now lets hope everything works as its supposed too.Cool

Expert:  Aric replied 3 years ago.
You're welcome Faruk, and thank you very much for the kind words. If you do need further assistance, keep in mind you can follow up here at no additional cost. If you're satisfied, could you please click on the rating below my answer? That is the only way we are credited for out work here.