Nathan
Nathan, Installer
Experience:  Custom home theater installer, authorized dealer top brands.
59725966

how do you get teli text on a Panasonic tv with a bt box

Category: TV
Expert:  Nathan replied 3 years ago.

Nathan :

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble. We’ll get started chatting here. I am also sending you an offer so you can reach me directly me by phone if preferred. Feel free to ignore it for now, it will be available to you at any time if you need to get more help after our chat.

Nathan :

Can you tell me how the box is connected to the tv? (what type of cable, if you aren't sure what it is called, describe it to me

Nathan :

The connection type will determine the process for setting up the closed captions

Customer:

teli to bt box black cable AWM style 20276 80c 30v vw_1

Customer:

Television to BT box AWM style 20 27 6 80c 30v vw 1

Customer:

Television to BT box AWM style 20 27 6 80c 30v vw - 1 BT yellow ended cable from socket to BT box , black cable from wall socket to BT box,scart lead from BT box to television

Customer:

Hello Nathan,

Customer:

Hello Nathan, Is it possible for you to sen

Customer:

Hello Nathan, Is it possible for you to send your telephone number to me.

Expert:  adamd-mod replied 3 years ago.

I've been working hard to find another Professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Continue to search please

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Continue to search please

Expert:  adamd-mod replied 3 years ago.

We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.

Adam

Expert:  Nathan replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for the information.

I'm not sure what happened but the site seems to be malfunctioning, as I did not receive your earlier responses, and I did not opt out or leave the question either.

Since you are using a BT cable box, the teli text function is generated by it. That caption is then overlaid on the video signal, which the box sends to the tv. The tv only displays the picture signal the box sends it - the tv is not decoding the captions itself. So this function has nothing to do with the tv.

Look for a button on the BT remote that is labeled TT, Telitype, CC, Caption, Subtitle, etc. If you don't see that, press the menu/setup button on the BT remote and look for these functions there, which you'll turn on from within the menu.

Nathan
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

bt remote does not have any of the captions TT etc except subtitle what do I do after I press subtitle im afraid my knowledge of the workings of tv things is very limited I am grateful to you for trying to help me allan

Expert:  Nathan replied 3 years ago.
Allan, try pressing the subtitle button just once.

See if it brings up any captions on the screen. If not press it twice more. Watch the screen each time as you press, and it may cycle through different modes with each button press, such as subtitle1, subtitle2, etc (which may go through options such as english captions, french captions, spanish, etc
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I have exited the bt box and have gone on to my Panasonic control pressed my a v button and prepsed t v button have a fractured picture with no signal also flashing in the background can you help

Expert:  Nathan replied 3 years ago.
You shouldn't be touching the panasonic remote for this purpose at all.

The telitext is enabled on the BT remote only.

It sounds like you've done is set the tv to the wrong input mode. From what you describe earlier it should be on something like video1 or scart1. Press the AV button on panasonic remote, repeatedly, as it cycles through the different input modes, until the BT signal comes back up.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

when you press the text button on the bt remote it says text key is not supported currently I have been told it is poss able to bypass this l

Expert:  Nathan replied 3 years ago.
Where did you get that information?

Have you looked within the settings menu (on the bt box) for any other subtitle or caption options?

Text is not supported on all channels or programming. If the producer of a specific show includes captions, they will show, if they aren't you'd get that message, or they would show blank.

You may need to call BT directly and ask them if they can provide a different box for you that may work better with the caption service.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Nathan I appreciate your help I have tried to get the captions up but with my limited knowledge of t vs im afraid I am one of very few people who are not able to get text . BT s U VIEW box is the same as my BT VISION box Allan

Expert:  Nathan replied 3 years ago.
Press the BT Vision button on your remote control and scroll right to "Settings", scroll down and select General Settings then select Subtitles
Select the subtitle language you want
Make sure that "Subtitles On" is ticked and select Save

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you Nathan I am not able to do that till Monday but I will give it a try Allan

Expert:  Nathan replied 3 years ago.
You're welcome, Allan, that should do it for the vision type box you have. If not, let me know.

Nathan
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Nathan scrolled to settings no sign of general settings it came up with the following freeview signal strength.scan for channels. channel management. display settings. troubleshooting.non of whitch offered a solution Allan

Expert:  Nathan replied 3 years ago.
Thanks Allan,

It seems I'm not entirely clear which model box you have, or at least what firmware it is running. What I sent should have worked.

Can you please view this site:
http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/10540/~/turning-on-bt-tv-subtitles

Pick the home screen that looks like what you get on your tv, then follow those directions.

If that still doesn't work, there is probably something wrong with your box - contact BT to have it replaced with a different model.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Nathan sorry ive been away for the last couple of days you were told me to get subtitles up well I stumbled on the following system information subtitles press select to change defalt off I am afraid to press anything in case ido something wrong Allan.

Expert:  Nathan replied 3 years ago.
Allan, it sounds like you're in just the right place actually.

Try to highlight OFF then change it to ON (use the up/down, or left/right buttons to do this)
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

tried that Nathan just came up BT does not support text thank you

Expert:  Nathan replied 3 years ago.
Thanks for trying. That means you've done everything you can, and this is a limitation of either your box or the BT service.

No fix there, other than to call up BT and see if they can provide you with a different box that will allow this to work.

If you have any other questions, just let me know. Otherwise, please do remember to rate my service prior to logging off, hopefully I have earned an “excellent”. Note that this step is required; as it is the only way I get credit for my time (from your existing deposit, no extra charge). I also invite you to contact me directly with any future support needs at http://www.justanswer.com/electronics/expert-p0llinate/

Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX a good day,
Nathan
Nathan, Installer
Experience: Custom home theater installer, authorized dealer top brands.