Steven
Steven, Technician
Experience:  Licensed TV repair technician in the US with over 30 experience in the US.
59014109

I have a Samsung LE32N7 LCD TV. I recently dropped and caught

Customer Question

I have a Samsung LE32N7 LCD TV. I recently dropped and caught the remote, and since then I have been unable to change channel, either by remote or using the buttons on the TV.

I cannot access the channel page on the menu, neither can I access the Digital Menu. I can use the remote to turn the Tv on and off, and adjust the volume. The TV is stuck on SKY News and shows the channel number and sky across the top of the screen, and mono swows towards the bottom of the screen
Category: TV
Expert:  info tech replied 3 years ago.
Welcome
Thanks for the Question

Is this the TV remote you mean or the SKY remote control?

Anthony
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

the TV remote

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The TV Remote

Expert:  info tech replied 3 years ago.
Hi Rod

OK rod please take the batteries out of the remote so the remote control is dead and try the manual buttons on the set again, let me know if anything changes

Please allow time for typing this text thanks

Anthony
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

no the set channel buttons do not respond with batteries removed.

Expert:  info tech replied 3 years ago.

OK put batteries back in the remote

Please reboot the box by unplugging it from the wall waiting 5 mins then replugging the box back in does it now work?if not do the below

Would you be able to get the back off the set and disconnect the function board just behind the manual buttons on the set?, it will have one lead going to it pull that out and try the remote again..

Let me know how this goes

Anhony
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Can,t get back off apears to be held on by the base stand

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

ok back now off plug by manual buttons has two white one blue wire does bot easily pull off, should it need much force? can I pull by the wires?

Expert:  info tech replied 3 years ago.

Did you reboot the box first please?if not please do that

The plug should come out easily if your having trouble trace the lead to the mainboard and unplug it there, this is the little board behind the volume\channel change on the set itself that your dealing with, the mainboard has all the AV connectors on, dont FORCE anything otherwise you will break something

Anthony
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

sorry but the leads that I am looking at go to a circuit board at the bottom of the set behind the base mounting bracket?

Expert:  info tech replied 3 years ago.

You see the volume channel change on front of set the board will be behind there or their will be leads coming from there going to the function board if that's the case pull both out howveer if you find the lead that goes to the mainboard from there that will be suffice

If your still having probs I will be back in a couple hours and will look in service manual

Anthony