Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

Model UE37ES6300; picture has grown so its slightly larger

Model UE37ES6300; picture has 'grown' so it's slightly larger than the screen. Consequently we have lost sub-titles ans sur-titles like score displays for football matches and time elapsed when fast forwarding. Guess this happened through pressing an incorrect button on the remote but I can't manage to reverse the process. Can you help?
Category: TV
Expert:  Shahid replied 3 years ago.
Hello, my name isXXXXX be happy to assist you.
Please allow me to ask you a few questions to diagnose the problem.

- Is this TV connected to any satellite receiver for channel signals?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes - a Sky+ box (and satellite dish)

Expert:  Shahid replied 3 years ago.
Thanks for the info.

Does Sky+ remote has a button labeled as Zoom, Wide, Format, Aspect, Size, HDzoom, Ratio etc?
What happens if you press that button a few times?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No - none of the above; apart from the numbers 1 to 9 (and 0) and the 4 coloured buttons we have text, back-up, help, tv guide, box office, services and interactive also, of course volume. channel, select and compass buttons

Expert:  Shahid replied 3 years ago.
OK, were you suing Sky+ remote when picture became over size?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I don't know - didn't notice the change at first, only when trying to fast forward. But it's probable that we were using the sky remote as this is normal usage for us.

Expert:  Shahid replied 3 years ago.
OK, can you please check, does TV display normal picture if playback DVD disc?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

We don't have a DVD connection

Expert:  Shahid replied 3 years ago.
OK, have you tried to unplug TV and Sky+ box power cords from wall socket for 10 minutes to reset, replug and check?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Not tried this - I'll go and do it now.

Expert:  Shahid replied 3 years ago.
Sure, please reply back how it goes.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

When going through the sky+ box there is no change but on terrestrial only (TV setting on samsung remote) the picture seems to be normal

Expert:  Shahid replied 3 years ago.
OK, please pick TV remote, select Sky+ box source in TV and press P-SIZE button on TV remote a few times to see if you get correct size picture in TV screen.
If this doesn't help then the problem is coming from Sky+ box and need to call Sky+ service provider to get in settings menu to adjust picture size within Sky+ box.

I trust my input will help you out. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.
A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated so I can get credit on website for my work.
Regards,

Shahid.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Success! Many thanks for your help

Expert:  Shahid replied 3 years ago.
Excellent Geoffrey,
Glad to know that problem is resolved.
Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.
A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, click on smiley face icon then click submit button so I can get credit on website for my work.
Regards,

Shahid.