info tech
info tech, Technician
Experience:  Television Engineer for many high street outlets 20 plus years experience
18621325
TV

Toshiba 40 inch lcd tv serial no..40bv700b, on/off light flickers

on and off for ages... Show More
on and off for ages before the tv comes on, Now still flickers but will not come on any more??
Category: TV
Show Less
info tech, Technician
replied 2 years ago.
Welcome
Thanks for the Question

How old is the set now please?

Do you have any technical ability yourself\or know someon who has can use a meter and soldering iron perhaps?

Anthony
Customer reply replied 2 years ago.

the set is aprox 3years old, and I may have a friend who can undertake repair, what needs to be done Please?

info tech, Technician replied 2 years ago.
Hello Peter

What you are describing is classic bad electrolytic capacitors on the powerboard, so a visual check of the powerboard is required initially to visually examine each capacitor in turn carefully for leaking\ballooning up\raised domed tops\powder discharge when found the ideal and cheapest thing to do is replace them they cost about £1 each, another alternative is to replace the powerboard however this obviously is more expensive but far easier to do.
If you dont know what the capacitors look like let me know I will upload a photo as an example.
You find the powerboard by tracing the powercord to it (remove the back).

Let me know if you need more info

Please consider rating the answer positively, rating me positively enables me to receive credit from the site, thank you, XXXXX XXXXX will remain open and stay open as long as you need it.If you have any concerns please dont rate instead press the "reply to expert" tab and I will answer any queries you have

Many Thanks
Anthony
Customer reply replied 2 years ago.

thanks Anthony, I would be grateful for an upload of capacitors please ! and then I will rate your excellent service mate!.

These are not the exact ones that are in your set but they are very similiar notice the leaking in this photo and raised domed tops

Let me know if you need more help anywhere along the way

Their will be a rating bar with this post

You can still come back anytime after rating

Many Thanks
Anthony
Customer reply replied 2 years ago.

Hello Anthony, the power board is showing none of the faults you described, appears in good condition visually, isthere something else I need to check please??

Hi Peter

Can you take a photo of the powerboard and upload it using the paperclip on your tool bar?I will have a look myself

Your still looking primarily at powerboard trouble however I went to try and keep costs down for you

Anthony
Customer reply replied 2 years ago.

If the power board looks fine, showing none of the symtoms you suggested
what else can I check please?

Hi Peter

So you cant upload a photo thats OK no problem what you need to do now is use a meter, can you get hold of one of those?
This is just to confirm powerboard failure then the powerboard will need to be ordered and fitted I will provide on going details so let me know if you have the use of a meter please

Anthony
Customer reply replied 2 years ago.

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here
View Full Image

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here
View Full Image

Register Here
Dear Anthony,

Here is the photo of the removed power board. I've also attached a photo of the other board on the back of the TV, just in case.

I hope this helps with your diagnosis.

Best wishes,

Peter.

They havent turned out although you have done it right try lowering the resolution of the camera to 1megbyte

Anthony