info tech
info tech, Technician
Experience:  Television Engineer for many high street outlets 20 plus years experience
18621325

My Toshiba TV is clicking wont switch on - it has done this

My Toshiba TV is clicking won't switch on - it has done this before but eventually switched on - been clicking for hours and won't turn on - help please
Category: TV
Expert:  info tech replied 3 years ago.
Welcome
Thanks for the Question

I will need the model number please found on the back of the set?

Thank You

Anthony
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
26c3030d is model number
Expert:  info tech replied 3 years ago.
Hi Myra

OK your description of the problem is classic bad capacitors on the powerboard these devices can leak\dry up\have raised domed tops\balloon up\powder discharge so they do need to be visually examined for these tell tale signs, ideally if any are found to be bad they will need to be replaced so the powerboard will need to come out of the set a soldering iron employed and the capacitors removed new ones fitted, if you capable of doing this work please let me know I will provide all necessary details, an easier approach is to replace the powerboard complete but this does cost more to do.

An engineer would charge about £60_£80 for this work

Let me know if you can do this work or need more info

Please consider rating the answer positively, rating me positively enables me to receive credit from the site, thank you, XXXXX XXXXX will remain open and stay open as long as you need it.If you have any concerns please dont rate instead press the "reply to expert" tab and I will answer any queries you have

Many Thanks
Anthony
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I will speak to my son in law he may be able to do this - if not will need to consider new TV
Expert:  info tech replied 3 years ago.

Yes these smaller sets are now becoming none repairable because they can be picked up quite cheaply however if you\someone you know can do the work then it will be cost effective.

Let me know if I can do anything else, you can come back here anytime even after rating the answer positively, I may not be able to answer immediately but will when I see your post

Many Thanks
Anthony
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Many thanks have bought new TV can't believe. How sharp the picture is plus it has smart functions!!!
Expert:  info tech replied 3 years ago.
Hi Myra

Yes in many cases with smaller TVs its often a better option just to replace it

Let me know if I can do anything else

I would be grateful if you could rate the answer positively , you will see a rating bar with this post

Thanks again
Anthony