Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

Hi. I have a problem with my Sharp LC-22LE22E LCD TV. The power

Hi. I have a problem with my Sharp LC-22LE22E LCD TV. The power light is flashing blue and the screen is stuck in VGA mode with the message "No signal through PC" on it. When the fault originally occurred the screen was blank and would not turn on. I have replaced both the circuit boards and now only get the above mentioned. I have tried various reset methods of holding the vol- button and PVC-AV button whilst plugging into power but nothing. Any advice would be appreciated. Many thanks
Category: TV
Expert:  Shahid replied 3 years ago.
Hello, my name isXXXXX be happy to assist you.
Please allow me to ask you a few questions to diagnose the problem.

- What was the original problem in TV that you replaced both boards and what are those boards?
- Have you tried to connect a computer in VGA input of TV that might help to get it out of VGA mode?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Hi. Originally I turned the tv on one day and there was nothing but a flashing power light. I thought it may have been capacitors but they looked fine. I replaced the two circuit boards. The tv only has two boards, the power board and a board where the lcd connects into it.
I'm not sure if I have a vga lead. I will take a look now.
Expert:  Shahid replied 3 years ago.

Thanks for the info and reply back how it goes.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I do not have a vga connector/lead. Is there anything else I could try?
Expert:  Shahid replied 3 years ago.

Actually TV needs control signals from computer to turn On properly and this will give you full control menu option to switch it to other input source.
Does TV show input source list when push source/ input button on TV or its remote control?
If it doesn't then we need VGA cable to connect it to computer that has VGA output so TV can get control signals to turn On properly and then you will get normal menu to change its input source like TV, Scart or AV etc.

Please reply back how it goes.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
The tv does not show an input source, so I will get a vga cable tomorrow afternoon. I will get back to you then. Many thanks
Expert:  Shahid replied 3 years ago.
OK, please take your time and reply back how it worked with VGA connection to computer.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Hi. I am trying to connect my laptop to the lcd but it is not being detected? Any ideas?
Expert:  Shahid replied 3 years ago.

- Are you using VGA cable to connect laptop to this TV?
- Also, have you enabled external/ 2nd monitor output in laptop?
There would be screen icon on one of F key, press that key followed by Fn key on laptop to enable external monitor output.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I am using a vga to vga cable. The FN & F7 keys are not doing it. I have tried the windows key & P key together and when I press detect for the additional monitor in the control panel nothing is happening.
Expert:  Shahid replied 3 years ago.

OK, can you please enable second monitor through control panel?
OR get a desktop computer and plug it in TV through VGA cable.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Hello. I managed to get the tv working working using the vga lead, so thank you for the advice there. I don't think it is still working correctly though. The standby/power light flashes approx 15 times when you power it up or turn it off. Plus you have to hold the power on button for about 1-2 minutes to get the screen working? Do you know what this may be? Many thanks
Expert:  Shahid replied 3 years ago.

Glad to know that TV is out of VGA mode now.
Current symptoms indicate power supply board issue so can you please put old/ original power board in TV and check how it goes?
If problem still persist, try old/ original main board with new power board to narrow down the issue.

I trust my input will help you out. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.
A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on smiley face under the answer then click submit button so I can get credit on website for my work.
Regards,

Shahid.
Shahid, Technician
Experience: I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for getting back so quick Shahid. I will have a look at the power board and get back to you and will definitely positive rate you. Thank you
Expert:  Shahid replied 3 years ago.
You're welcome, please swap the old board with the new one (cross check) to figure out what board is causing the delay to power up the TV.