info tech
info tech, Technician
Experience:  Television Engineer for many high street outlets 20 plus years experience
18621325

We have a Samsung LED TV Model UE40ES5500KXXU 40" screen purchased

We have a Samsung LED TV Model UE40ES5500KXXU 40" screen purchased 18/02/13. We have recently been getting a blank green screen and up to now the only way we can sort it is by switching off at the mains. Is there another more permanent solution
Category: TV
Expert:  info tech replied 3 years ago.
Welcome
Thanks for the Question

Does it happen when you use other inputs like a dvd player for example?

Let me know
Anthony
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

We have had from first installing the tv a dvd player connected and also a Humax, none have been a problem at all. Its only in the last few weeks we have occasionally had the green screen problem.

Expert:  info tech replied 3 years ago.

So your saying that a dvd player is OK a humax box is OK when in that case does it go green?bit confused with your reply, try to be as comprehensive as you can thanks

Anthony
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No, we very rarely use the dvd player and when we have the green screen has never come on.

Expert:  info tech replied 3 years ago.

So its only happening when you use the humax?

Thatb tells me you have a problem with the humax box and NOT the set, have you checked the lead from the humax to the TV is good or better still if its HDMI replace it, also try rebooting the humax box by unplugging it from the wall waiting 5 mins then replugging the box back in again, may be best to do both the TV and the box at the same time, these intermittent issues are usually lead problems or glitchy firmware in the box OR TV rebooting can correct that, its my best bet in your case that its either the humax HDMI lead assuming your using that \glitchy firmware in the box itself (rebooting may fix this\or the box itself is going bad

Let me know if you need more info

Please consider rating the answer positively, rating me positively enables me to receive credit from the site, thank you, XXXXX XXXXX will remain open and stay open as long as you need it.If you have any concerns please dont rate instead press the "reply to expert" tab and I will answer any queries you have

Many Thanks
Anthony