Aric
Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

I have a ps51d6900 with vertical lines what can I do to repair

Customer Question

I have a ps51d6900 with vertical lines what can I do to repair this, the lines are over the picture and menus there a green type colour very fine there's also an inch thick one near the centre where it's just fuzz like when u tune a TV in with the white and black fuzz, this line is the only one that there is no picture whatsoever the other small green ones are just over the picture, please help me source the right parts, ie if I need a new panel It's a s50fh-yb09 or even better if it's a buffer or tcon board
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 3 years ago.
Hello and thank you for the question. Usually a line very thin like this isn't a panel issue, it's commonly a bad Va or Vs, or possible a Sustain board. The set doesn't have a T-Con and the buffers won't cause thin lines like this in my experience. To proceed the first thing you would want to do is inspect the capacitors on the power supply board, and also use a meter to check your Vs and Va to make sure they are 190 and 100 volts DC respectively. If these voltages are good, then you would want to replace the Sustain boards together as a pair, as they work in tandem to produce the image on the screen and receive equal wear and tear.

If you do not have a meter, then your most likely culprit is going to be those power supply capacitors as they can produce all kinds of video noise on the screen when they go bad.

Let me know if you need further assistance or what you measure for voltages on the power supply and we can proceed.