info tech
info tech, Technician
Experience:  Television Engineer for many high street outlets 20 plus years experience
18621325

My 10year old Samsung 26" led TV in returning has become locked

My 10year old Samsung 26" led TV in returning has become locked onto a weak signal and will not allow any operations, such as tuning to other stations, bring up menus etc. Throw it away and buy a Sony?
Category: TV
Expert:  info tech replied 3 years ago.
Welcome
Thanks for the Question

I will need the model number please found on the back of the set?

Thank You

Anthony
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Model - LE26R41BD S

Model Code - LE26R41BDX/XEU

Type No. - RE 26EO

Expert:  info tech replied 3 years ago.
Hi Chris

Chris its locked itself up due to a firmware glitch what you need to do is this>>from standby (off)press>>INFO>>>MENU>>>MUTE>>>POWER ON all within 6 seconds (one button after other)the set will come in in service mode, now in that mode you need to navigate using the up and down left to right buttons to "reset" I think its in the options menu (as far as I can recall)enter this then OK the set will shut down and reboot OR it will say its reset and then you reboot it by switching it off from the wall either way give it time to reset.
Then all your menus etc should be back

Let me know if you need more info

Please consider rating the answer positively, rating me positively enables me to receive credit from the site, thank you, XXXXX XXXXX will remain open and stay open as long as you need it.If you have any concerns please dont rate instead press the "reply to expert" tab and I will answer any queries you have

Many Thanks
Anthony
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Replaced the batteries in remote and this time got to a long list of which 'reset' was 12th. Pressed OK but nothing happened.

Any further advice or is new part required?

Expert:  info tech replied 3 years ago.
Hi Chris

Your not doing it right if nothing happened, their is no part to replace that will cost you money too!

Chris let me know exactly what your doing when you get to reset a lot of people dont do this correctly

Anthony
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Anthony,

Scrolled down to reset then pressed OK and nothing happened. Tried switching on and off at wall but again same result.

Best of luck

Expert:  info tech replied 3 years ago.

Hi Chris

Many make this mistake for some reason what you need to do is scroll down to the reset
in the options menu then press right hand arrow next to ENTER then press enter the set will switch itself off and do a complete reboot when the reboot has finished the set will be in factory default mode however all your systems will be back up

Let me know if you need more info
Please remember to rate the answer positively thank you

Thank again
Anthony
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Anthony,

You forgot the press right of enter in your previous instructions but am following additional advice and now waiting for reboot. Will it switch itself back on or do I do it?

Expert:  info tech replied 3 years ago.

It should switch itself back on again if it does not wait 5 mins then switch on yourself, the set will then be back to factory default

Let me know if you need more info

Anthony
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Anthony,

Waited as you said but when I switched on the screen had moved from being locked to saying 'No Signal' and wont let me go to set up to retune.

Sure you are getting fed up with this (I am!).

Expert:  info tech replied 3 years ago.
Hi Chris

I have nver had an issue once the set has been reset except for maybe once when the firmware controlling the mainboard was that bad that it wouldnt cure the issue, I had to replace the mainboard and that I fear is whats needed here, the mainboard is the board with all the AV connectors on if you think you can do the work yourself let me know I will provide more details, an engineer though will charge around £100 so it may not be worth that route for a set of this age and sise

Let me know if you can do this work

Anthony
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

OK Anthony,

I think I agree with you that the set is done. At least you tried your best and thanks for your efforts. Wont bother with trying to replace the motherboard, the set isn't worth it.

Have a good day.

Expert:  info tech replied 3 years ago.

OK its the only thing that can be done now to fix this

Have a good day

Anthony
info tech, Technician
Experience: Television Engineer for many high street outlets 20 plus years experience
Expert:  info tech replied 3 years ago.
Hi Chris

Let me know what you did when you got to reset and we will move on with this thanks

Anthony