Nathan
Nathan, Installer
Experience:  Custom home theater installer, authorized dealer top brands.
59725966

I have an lg42LM620T and when I turn it on it has a pink tinge

Customer Question

I have an lg42LM620T and when I turn it on it has a pink tinge to it and the brightness seems excessive. After a while it does seem to calm down. I have tried adjusting the picture setting without any real success
Category: TV
Expert:  Nathan replied 3 years ago.

Nathan :

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble.

Nathan :

Can you tell me if this happens on all inputs/sources? Does the pink also affect the tv's on screen settings menu?

Nathan :

If so, then it would indicate an internal hardware problem,

Nathan :

this is most likely a bad main or tcon board, but it could also be a failing lcd panel, or even bad tab bonds (electrical connections) within the set. Any of these are things that would require repairs to correct, following some diagnostic testing by a technician, with the exception of a bad panel or tabs which cannot be repaired.

Nathan :

On average, you'd be looking at about £300 for repairs. While the tv is only about 2 years old, it is past the warranty, and at this cost it wouldn't be a whole lot more to replace, so that is a decision you'd have to contemplate - the average useful service life of these sets is 3-5 years before failure.

Nathan :

Depending how you'd like to proceed, I can try to help with finding parts, finding a local repair shop, or recommending replacement options for you.