Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

tv onics top box -turning on and off continually.

tv onics top box has started turning itself on and off continually.it is 5 yrs old-no problems before.

Category: TV
Expert:  Shahid replied 3 years ago.
Hello, my name isXXXXX be happy to assist you.
Please allow me to ask you a few questions to diagnose the problem.

- Can you please get me the model number written on top box?
- Have you tried another video source (DVD player etc) to the TV to confirm the TV picture and sound has no problem with it?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

numbers are tv XXXXXXXXXX and it is tvonics dtrz250.l have no other device attached to the tv at present.

Expert:  Shahid replied 3 years ago.
Thanks Veronica for the info.

So TV stays On and has no problem, its just top box that turns On and Off, is this correct?
- Have you tried to unplug top box power cord for 10 minutes to reset, replug and check?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yes,have tried that-in the meantime i have watched a taped programme and it stayed on so am going to turn it off overnight and see what happens.need to be up early so will be going to bed now.may i contact you tomorrow if it starts doing it again?

Expert:  Shahid replied 3 years ago.
Sure, please bookmark this page to reply how it goes and if problem resolved then a positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on smiley face under the answer then click submit button so I can get credit on website for my work.
Regards,

Shahid.