info tech
info tech, Technician
Experience:  Television Engineer for many high street outlets 20 plus years experience
18621325

I changed the batteries in my sky remote and this may have

I changed the batteries in my sky remote and this may have been just a co-incidence but the colour is now all flourescent! It is the faces of the people in particular but also the grass looks very pinkish. Very strange, what have I done?
My tv is a LG 42LG5010 and was bought in December 2008.
Category: TV
Expert:  info tech replied 2 years ago.
Welcome
Thanks for the Question

If you press the menu button of the sets own remote control (not the sky)is the menu affected too by this odd flourescent display?or is the menu totally unaffected is good

Anthony
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Where have you gone? Is that all I get for my £22?

Expert:  info tech replied 2 years ago.
Hi JACKIE

I am waiting for you to get back to me?can you see my reply above?

Anthony
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Anthony

I have sent 3 replies but the first two don't seem to have got through to you. So I will try again.

When I press the menu button on my LG remote control the Setup/picture/audio pictures etc are very clear on a sort of burgundy background. It is just the tv which has this strange colour flourescent effect.

Expert:  info tech replied 2 years ago.
Hi JACKIE

You must come back here each time dont use email or anything like that

Jackie this check is very important now the reply you gave isnt clear, so what I need to know is if you press the menu button of the sets own remote is this bad colour messed up in the menu too?or is the menu clear ?you may be able to see the bad colour BEHIND the menu not IN FRONT of it, I need to know is it behind or OVER the menu?

Anthony
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

The menu is clear. The messed up colour is behind the menu.

Expert:  info tech replied 2 years ago.
Hi JACKIE

Jackie the problem is likely to be the SKY box.....
Please try rebooting the box by unplugging the box from the wall waiting 5 mins then replugging back in again, also before doing this check the leads from the box to the TV are good both at the box and at the TV itself.

Let me know what happens

I am sending a rating bar please only rate if problem resolved or we reach a conclusion if not press the "reply to expert" tab without rating and I will continue to help

Many Thanks
Anthony
Expert:  info tech replied 2 years ago.
Hi Jackie

I see you have gone offline

I am just going on anemergency call I will be back in a couple of hours should you need to ask more questions

Anthony
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I haven't gone off line?

I have done as you say and unplugged the sky box and left it for 5 minutes. Then I have re-pluged in the box and waited for it to warm up but sadly the problem is not fixed.

The scart cable is a bit loose so we are going to buy a new cable tomorrow to see if this helps.

How do I reply to you tomorrow as I gather you have gone for a couple of hours and I am now going to bed!

Expert:  info tech replied 2 years ago.

Just come back here I am here 90% of the time.

You need now to try another input like a dvd player you see that menu test means its a signal issue so try a dvd or similiar even an old video recorder let me know what thats like

Let me know
Anthony
Expert:  info tech replied 2 years ago.
Hi JACKIE

The question has appeared on the open list have you replied to my message above?

Anthony
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Anthony

I have bought a new scart lead and plugged that into the tv and the sky box and picture still bad.

I then put a dvd on and it worked perfectly, colour excellent.

So not sure what to do next?

jackie

Expert:  info tech replied 2 years ago.
Hi Jackie

You need to replace the SKY box
The video circuits in the box have gone bad, not sure if its your box or who you subscribe to?

Let me know

Please remember to rate the answer positively thank you

Anthony

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have a sky box so I assume I have to contact them?

Thank you for all your help, I might have bought a new tv set so you have saved me some money, so I am happy to pay for your services and will rate you as excellent even though it's not fixed!

If you send the rating again I will complete it.

Thank you again.

Expert:  info tech replied 2 years ago.

Jackie we can only tell you the issue and what to do and yes many people would have thought it was the TV..

Jackie their really isnt anything else I can think of that will give you pinkish grass in the settings menu if its set to RGB for the scart then its set correctly (I am talking about the settings menu in the box settings) so the box has to be swapped, its not unusual have had many boxes go like this

You should see the rating bar again now select a smilie face and press submit thank you

If you need more help later let me know

Anthony
info tech, Technician
Experience: Television Engineer for many high street outlets 20 plus years experience