Steven
Steven, Technician
Experience:  Licensed TV repair technician in the US with over 30 experience in the US.
59014109

my sagem TV won"t switch on it keeps going back to standby

Customer Question

Category: TV
Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
Hello, my name is Shahid, I'll be happy to assist you.
Please allow me to ask you a few questions to diagnose the problem.

- Can you please get me the model number written on back of TV?
- How old is the TV and how long it have had the problem?
- Was the old lamp shattered that you change it?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

2511455475 its about 7yr old since wednesday and no the lamp was not shattered

Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
Thanks for the info.

Can you please recheck model number as 2511455475 seems serial number of the TV.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

W30428201P01820

Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
I'm sorry, W30428201P01820 too shows nothing.

What is the brand name/ make of the TV in question?
Sagem seems service provider name and not the brand name of TV?
What is the part number written on lamp box that is replaced in TV?

Correct model number of unit is the key info to troubleshoot the problem with related manuals.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

The TV is sagem AXIUM flat screen the lamp number is RL 1080A

Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.

OK, I don't have related manuals for this particular TV so let me opt out to open up this question for other online pro's input.
Please do not reply this message and I hope some one will respond soon.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

What happens now?

Expert:  Aric replied 2 years ago.
Hello, My name is Aric and I am a different Expert.

Neither of those numbers posted is a Sagem TV model number. A typical model number for their sets would be as follows:

HD-D56B

or

HD-D45H

Please check for a model number that looks like one of the above.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

cant see a number like that but i have the manual

Expert:  Aric replied 2 years ago.
What does the Manual say on it for a model please sir?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

its an AXIUM DLP flat screen

Expert:  Aric replied 2 years ago.
There would be a model number on the cover of the manual.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

no number

Expert:  Aric replied 2 years ago.

Okay. When you press power on the set, exactly what do you hear? Do the fans fire up and can you hear the ballast click and buzz trying to spark the lamp? Also, where did you purchase this lamp from and roughly how much did you pay for it?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

don"t hear anything but i never did i bought it from a company in London and it cost me £75

Expert:  Aric replied 2 years ago.
There's three fans inside the TV that spin before the lamp attempts to spark. So you should hear that. Also when you say it goes to standby, exactly what do you see on the TV power LED?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

it flashes and then swiches back to standby

Expert:  Aric replied 2 years ago.
Please unplug the TV, then press and hold the power button on the set itself (not the remote), for 10 seconds. Then remove and carefully re-install the lamp and close the lamp cover securely. Then plug the set back in and press power once. Let me know what happens please.