info tech
info tech, Technician
Experience:  Television Engineer for many high street outlets 20 plus years experience
18621325

why can I only receive BBC channels and no other on my television?

why can I only receive BBC channels and no other on my television? I did an auto retune and still only BBC, what has happened to ITV and all of my freeview channels?
Category: TV
Expert:  info tech replied 2 years ago.
Welcome
Thanks for the Question

Could you please tell me the model number of the set please?found on the back of the set

Anthony
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

hi Antony

the model is a panasonic model tx-32lxd70

Expert:  info tech replied 2 years ago.

Maggie firstly sorry for delay I had work commitments

OK what you need to do is get the set back to factory default, so you go into the menu >>>settings and on page 2 of the settings menu their is an option for "shipping condition"access this and OK it the set may reboot then try again with the tuning

Let me know if you have any problems

I am sending a rating bar please only rate if problem resolved or we reach a conclusion if not please press the "reply to expert" tab without rating and I will continue to help you

Many Thanks
Anthony
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

tried that, still only the BBC channels. what now? If it was the ariel I wouldn't be getting anything would I?

Expert:  info tech replied 2 years ago.

If it was the ariel I wouldn't be getting anything would I?

No thats not true you would be getting stations only some or more will drop out depending on how bad the reception is.

You need to try another set in the same position with the same aerial input let me know if you get all the channels then

Anthony

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

had my daughter bring her telly round at the weekend. we replaced a cable and retuned and all channels came up. BUT still bad signal and cannot view. I think I'm getting to the point of no return and will have to call in an ariel repair man as last night even BBC went to bad signal and vanished!

Expert:  info tech replied 2 years ago.

I dont understand, so your daughter brought TV to your home and on that TV it was OK?

But on the set your having problems with it was not?is that correct?

Anthony
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

correct

Expert:  info tech replied 2 years ago.

Hi Maggie

On your daughters TV was the pictures still bad or was they OK you had good reception?

Sorry but I am still not clear about your reply

Anthony

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

my daughters reception was ok. I don't know what is going on as I have just tried my telly again tonight and BBC is ok again?! Can it be the telelevision itself?

Expert:  info tech replied 2 years ago.
Hi Maggie

Maggie the aerial is OK if your daughters set was OK

Yes the tuner in the set itself could be intermittent, if you set the set back to factory default then it can only be a bad tuner in the set, that means the mainboard with the tuner on it will need to be replaced

Maggie if you\someone you know wants to do that I will provide all the relevant info

Otherwise an engineer will charge around £80 to do it if your brought the set into a repair place

Let me know if you need more info

Anthony
info tech, Technician
Experience: Television Engineer for many high street outlets 20 plus years experience