Steven
Steven, Technician
Experience:  Licensed TV repair technician in the US with over 30 experience in the US.
59014109

edit of servers list? As soon as I move to update the list

Customer Question

edit of servers list? As soon as I move to update the list it exits the update screen. rgds. + tks if you can advise. My software is at 'PKG4.117EUT-0108' level since November 2013. I-player worked ok for about 3 months .Ser no of m/c is(###) ###-#### ***** email address = *****@******.***

I have had no input of answer or information yet so please  advise the process required.

I am not satisfied . Please address my problem..

Category: TV
Expert:  Pete replied 2 years ago.
Hi there,
What is the make and model number of the device you are trying to edit the servers list on?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

SONY BRAVIA KDL-40HX803 serial no(###) ###-####Tuned to Digital. Source is Mendip transmitter and EE WiFi Bright Box router BTlines serviced through to EE landlines. Use of Lan from position 3 &4. 4 = one designed to carry Fibre.

How do I go about updating server listing in setting of Home Menu?

IN DETAIL Please it is not described in I? Manual Tks a.Lionel P.

(Ex IBM APL Systems Engineer23 yrs)

Expert:  adamd-mod replied 2 years ago.

Hello there,

Please note, I am just a moderator for this category, I can only try and find experts to help, I can't answer the question itself.

Adam

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I am happy to wait ; as I have had a rewarding response from pete previously and finding that the suggested date for update has updated my level from 117eut-0108 to 118eut-0108. But I must say I'm a bit of a thicky in modern terminology . My work involved supporting European countries for the first fifteen years of QuAT support for the. Many parts and their European equivalents in the Light Blue of IBM PC products being retailed through EUROPE MIDDLE EAST. AND Africa.. by 0400 hrs. each night ' and call report analysis using the magic of APL. program. ==== 80yrs old next month. And still going strong. Not poking for work just some good entertainment. Nice to find some reasonable help.Tks.Lionel Powell.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I AM quite happy with all responses so far and AM able to WAIT for an installation engineer for this difficult update to be explained by a Sony manual (which I have looked for ) on-line . 2119hrs. Keep up the good work.

Recap.SONY BRAVIA KDL-40HX803 serial no(###) ###-####Tuned to Digital. Source is Mendip Xmitter
Software My software was at 'PKG4.117EUT-0108 to 118EUT-0108. But I must say I'm a bit of a thicky in modern terminology

Expert:  adamd-mod replied 2 years ago.

We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.

Adam

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have today been to my local Sony Centre and spent near £500.oo gbp on ancillary for additional music/Wi-Fi +internet streaming. I asked if they could help and replied " I would probably contact a 6 year younger installation "man" a.Mr M Sir.... I M HOPEFUL OF AN ANSWER....BUT WILL CONTINUE TO WAIT.Tks. TKS. L.P.

Expert:  carlday1 replied 2 years ago.
My name is ***** ***** I will try and help with your question. I have had a look and it seems there is a software update available for your set, I would suggest the first thing is to update the set to the latest firmware.
http://www.sony.co.uk/support/en/content/cnt-dwnl/prd-tvhc/bravia-kdlhx-firmware-update-v4118eut/KDL-40HX803
You will need a usb memory stick to complete the upgrade.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

CarlDay1

I have received the update you suggested but it doesn'get accepted because the rejection trap is using the main llevelof firmware. At 118........which was downloaded as a general update and tth reject is simply made on the judgement of the latest level..... released on 23June

I got hung up on the first attempt butndrew down a rash cop.

Sony caught up with my ix call and offered to follow up. However You reputation goes before you... CCan you see iif you can alter their stupid unthought out date /ec level of. th firmware. Keep up the good work.

RGDS Lionel P.

Expert:  carlday1 replied 2 years ago.
Hi Lionel,
I will look into the firmware and see if I can find a solution.
Carl
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

O.K. I am in your hands.... there is still some changes needed in this areas.error trapping is not their strong point.. well I can only guess. I cannot reverse engineer. I work on OS2 / Rex or APL. Good luck.

See you soon.. Lionel.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I am quite happy to see if you can find Sony's methodology . It does not

seem to make a selected internet source into a favourite elected display.

Good luck with your search Carl1. You will still get a good rating.

Lionel.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Still optimistic for info especially with the big Freebies expansion on September 3. ~

Good luck.... Rgds. Lionel // P.S. I'm still waiting .... I've been charged
£26 quid + 3x £11.00 and I have not opted for any other questions.

It would be o.k. if I had received a satisfactory resolution.

Have Sony get any clues?

Lionel