Nathan
Nathan, Installer
Experience:  Custom home theater installer, authorized dealer top brands.
59725966

I have a Samsung flatscreen led bought in 2009. The picture

I have a Samsung flatscreen led bought in 2009. The picture has gone all wrong, I think you call it polarised
Category: TV
Expert:  Nathan replied 3 years ago.

Nathan :

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble. We’ll get started chatting here. I am also sending you an offer so you can reach me directly me by phone if preferred. Feel free to ignore it for now, it will be available to you at any time if you need to get more help after our chat.

Nathan :

Does this happen on all sources/inputs?

Nathan :

Is the tv's on screen setup menu affected as well?

Nathan :

Can you give me the full model number of the tv?

Customer:

Hi Nathan,

Customer:

Hi Nathan, It happens on all sources. The screen setup menu is normal and not affected. The model number is ***** Note: I managed to get in to the service menu and carried out a factory reset but the porblem still persisted

Nathan :

Good morning (I'm in the US, sorry I missed you earlier),

Nathan :

than you for the information.

Nathan :

That is an unusual situation,

Nathan :

typically this type of problem is a hardware fault with the lcd panel itself or the tcon board, however if you are getting a normal setup menu, it may be a stray setting,

Nathan :

Did you look through the picture settings in the service menu?

Customer:

Hi Nathan, someone else also suggested it was the tcon board but before I took it in for repairs I had an engineer I know have a look and it appeared to be a stray setting as you also suggest. The problem is fixed. Thanks for your help and sound advice. Mark