Aric
Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

I have a LGB 22 DRT Humax television and have called up Freeview

I have a LGB 22 DRT Humax television and have called up Freeview channel 240 and now the set is permanently locked on this channel. The set will not respond to the remote, not even to turn the set off. How do I unlock it? Pulling the plug out won't work either.
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 3 years ago.
Hello and I'm sorry to hear you're having problems. Can you please tell me how long you've owned this set for and when did the problem occur?

Also, have you tried the following:

Disconnect the set from power, then press and hold the power button on the TV itself (not the remote), for 15 seconds and release. Then plug the set back in and press power once?

If it's still locked, can you please tell me if the remote or the buttons on the TV itself will work to pull up the MENU, Input, or Volume indicators on the screen?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Aric, thanks for your reply.

I have had this set for several years now and this problem only occurred today.

Have tried disconnecting etc as in your first comment, several times, no success.

In answer to your second comment. Yes the TV buttons and the remote give access to the 'menu', 'volume', and if you mean the program information or 'EPG' button for 'Input'. I can also scroll through thses functions

Expert:  Aric replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for the reply.

So all other buttons/commands on the set respond except for the channel buttons?

You're not using any sort of external tuner box between the Aerial and the TV, or a signal booster, etc.?

In other words this is a direct aerial from the wall to the TV as far as connections?
Expert:  Aric replied 3 years ago.
You can set your TV settings to the default setting values.
Warning: Please note that once you perform the Default Setting, all data such Aerial settings, channel settings, etc.

To perform Default Setting, do as follows:
1 Press the MENU button.
2 Select System using the arrows, then press OK.
3 Select Default Setting using the arrows then press OK.
The Enter Your Password ***** box is displayed.
4 Enter your password ***** the NUMBER(0~9) buttons to change all settings
value to the factory default.
5 Default setting is completed.

Once this is done, then refer to page 22 of the manual at the link below and run the Channel Scan again- as if you're setting up the TV from scratch.

http://www.ukfree.tv/retune/Humax_LGB-22DRT.pdf

Please try these steps and let me know if you have the same problem.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks very much for your help. Invoking the default setting procedure has solved the problem. Much cheater than buying another set!

Cheers, Mike.

Expert:  Aric replied 3 years ago.
Excellent and I am glad to hear that! If you're satisfied could you please click the smiley so that I am rated and credited?