Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

I have a Panasonic TH-42PX60B I only seam to have of the picture,

I have a Panasonic TH-42PX60B
I only seam to have of the picture, the picture is in the correct place, but right side of screen is half black, and half white, with a red line running through the black area.
Nothing is plugged into the set except aerial and power.
Tried everything to get a full picture.
Hope you can help.

Chris
Category: TV
Expert:  Shahid replied 3 years ago.
Hello, my name is***** be happy to assist you.
Please allow me to ask you a few questions to diagnose the problem.

- How old is the TV and how long it have had the problem?
- Can you provide me a good picture of TV screen so I can view the problem?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Not sure how long I have had the set, but at least 5 years.
The problem only started today, yesterday, I was installing a new av amp,
But that is not switched on at the moment, when it is, the fault is still there.
Expert:  Shahid replied 3 years ago.
Thanks Chris for the info, can you provide me a good picture of TV screen so I can view the problem?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
How would I get the picture to you?
Expert:  Shahid replied 3 years ago.
Please use paper clip icon in above toolbar, where you type the reply, to attach the picture file in this chat thread OR upload it to any photo sharing site and post the file URL here so I can view/ download it.

http://imgur.com/

http://minus.com/

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I am talking to you on my ipad., and would not know how to do as you suggest.
Can I email you a picture? I would need an address to send it to.
Expert:  Shahid replied 3 years ago.
OK, please send those pictures to customer service at***@******.*** and they will forward picture to me that may take some time like an hour or so, due to website rules, we can't share personal email address.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Ok doing now.
Expert:  Shahid replied 3 years ago.
Thank you, ***** ***** you when I receive those pictures from customer service folks.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Pictures sent.
Expert:  Shahid replied 3 years ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** you when I receive those pictures from customer service folks.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Ok.
Expert:  Shahid replied 3 years ago.

Expert:  Shahid replied 3 years ago.
Hi Chris,

I just receive two pictures of TV, it seems hardware failure, and possibly the buffer board located at bottom of the half black, and half white area on screen is most suspected for this kind of symptoms.
Replacement of buffer board (known as C1 or C2 board as well) would help to resolve the problem in TV.

Please reply back if you are working on this TV yourself and has basic electronics knowledge to assist you further or may please call local TV technician to look at it.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Again.

No I am not working on the TV, but if I had spares would fit them.

In your opinion, is the set worth repairing, or should I bite the bullet, and get a new set.

Thanks for you help so far.

Chris.

Expert:  Shahid replied 3 years ago.
Chris,

Need to get the part number off of buffer board in TV to look for replacement board and price over internet that will help you to make decision about this TV repair or invest on a new TV.
In my opinion, buffer board would cost around 40 - 50 Pounds plus tech labor.
Please check following link to view sample picture of required C1 board..

http://www.shopjimmy.com/panasonic-txnc11bjtb-c1-buffer-board.htm

I trust my input will help you out. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.
A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on smiley face under the answer then click submit button so I can get credit on website for my work.
Regards,

Shahid.