info tech
info tech, Technician
Experience:  Television Engineer for many high street outlets 20 plus years experience
18621325

I have an LG Smart TV. I have been recording to an external

I have an LG Smart TV. I have been recording to an external HDD and playing back recordings with no problem. All of a sudden a few days ago the TV will not play recordings. It can still record, pause and rewind but just won't play back. When I select HDD input the recorded TV screen appears momentarily then goes blank and reverts back to the previous input source. The HDD light goes out and the HDD is no longer shown on the input selection screen. If I wait a few minutes it then appears again but selecting HDD input simply repeats the cycle above.
Category: TV
Expert:  info tech replied 3 years ago.
Welcome
Thanks for the Question

How is the HDD connected to the TV please?

I will need the full model number of the set found on the back of the set please?

Anthony
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The HDD is connected to the TV by USB cable and is definitely connecyed to the correct socket on the TV.

The TV is a LG Smart TV, model number 42LM 620T-ZE.

Expert:  info tech replied 3 years ago.

If you have anything to add please do so but it really sounds like a problem with the hdd and not the set?

Let me know your thoughts on that, or if you can try the hdd on another set?or maybe a laptop

Anthony
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

That sounds feasible. But I am able to record to it?

Expert:  info tech replied 3 years ago.

If you could try it on a laptop it will rule things out but from what your saying it does sound like the hdd, you dont know for sure its recording OK until you playback it may be going through the motions of that, it sounds to me like the hdd itself is bad.
Connecting it to a laptop will confirm if its bad or not
The HDD light going out means its lost control itself the set wont be causing that

Let me know if you need more info or if the laptop is playing the hdd OK

A positive rating is greatly appreciated

Many Thanks
Anthony