info tech
info tech, Technician
Experience:  Television Engineer for many high street outlets 20 plus years experience
18621325

Hello,we purchased a samsung led tv about 16 months ago,we

Customer Question

Hello,we purchased a samsung led tv about 16 months ago,we live overseas a lot of the time and on our return upon switching on we have a thin red line down the middle of our screen ???.We are big supports of Samsung products and are very surprised to find this anomaly.Could you please advise us what you think has gone wrong and if you can help,we must have had only 6months use out of the tv over this period.Hope you can help RGDS T. Bennett
Category: TV
Expert:  info tech replied 2 years ago.
Welcome
Thanks for the Question

If you press the menu button of the sets own remote control is the line OVER the menu display please?press reply to expert thanks

Let me know please
Thank You
Anthony
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Will I wait for a reply ???Thanks for trying to help
Expert:  info tech replied 2 years ago.

Tom I have replied above?can you not see the reply and the request for information?

Anthony
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi I did send a reply,the red line is over the menu .
Expert:  info tech replied 2 years ago.
Hi Tom

I see this reply but no other no problem just stick here with this thread I am dealing with others too so their may be delays of a few minutes between replies.

Tom do you have the model number for the set found on the back of the set?

Do you have any extended warranty with the set?

Anthony
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Model no.VE40E5550KXXV,no extended warranty I'm afraid?realise you are busy thanks anthony
Expert:  info tech replied 2 years ago.

Could you please re-check the model number nothings coming up for that

Anthony
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Ok maybe my mistake.MODEL NO. UE40EFS5500KXXU.hopef this ok.
Expert:  info tech replied 2 years ago.

Yes OK thats it.
Currys know the panel is bad thats why they wont get involved
Tom hopefully your sitting down, the problem is a bad LCD display (screen) if this line is over the sets own menu and visible on other inputs like a dvd player for example then the display is bad.Its not unusual LCD panel failure is very common no matter how old the set is I have frequently seen this with sets as little as a couple of months old thankfully under warranty for the owners.
Now what you need to do is open a complaint with samsung via the website www.samsung.co.uk send them emails and get any support telephone numbers and ring them too, samsung should cover this under warranty because the fault basically writes off the set, they may supply the panel you may have to be labour for it to be fitted OR they may do everything.

If they try to swerve keep complaining until they relent this SHOUL NOT have happened with a set so young if the set was over 3 years then you would not have much standing but 16months is only 6 months from the end of the warranty and the worst possible case scenario has happened with the set.

Sorry for poor news here

Let me know if you need more info

Please consider rating the answer positively, rating me positively enables me to receive credit from the site, thank you, ***** ***** will remain open and stay open as long as you need it, if you have any concerns please don't rate instead press the "reply to expert" tab and I will answer any queries you have

Many Thanks

Anthony

info tech, Technician
Experience: Television Engineer for many high street outlets 20 plus years experience
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Ta Anthony,I suspected that result,will try the Samsung website,but this has dented my confidence in their products.thanks again.tom
Expert:  info tech replied 2 years ago.

Tom if you complain properly they will help you out,they may do this without any hassle or they may not if they are going that way keep up the complaining I have seen most people get results because the manuf doesnt want any bad publicity about bad LCD panels.

Its always advisable to get as much extended warranty as possible with new TV product 4 or 5 years usually at no extra cost John Lewis offers this type of sale.

Let me know if I can do anything else thanks for the rating

Anthony
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Ok have e.mailed them.wish me luck lol
Expert:  info tech replied 2 years ago.

Yes follow the emails up with ringing customer services you have to put a strong case forward because the panel is basically the whole set, a set of this price shouldnt have to be written off in 16mths they should help you...

Let me know if I can do anything else
Anthony
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi Anthony,I rang their tech line,could not understand properly cos of foreign person but went through their help to no avail,triedlol,they then tried to put me onto an engineer who would charge me.typical huh.i rang up.have you any ides if the tv will hang in???? Ta eve so
Expert:  info tech replied 2 years ago.

No you spoke to the wrong people the tech people are not the ones you need tell them you have already spoken to tech advice say (someone came around to the home)its customer services you want and you want to speak with higher management about panel failure on a 16 month old set

Its getting the right people that can be the problem

Anthony