Steven
Steven, Technician
Experience:  Licensed TV repair technician in the US with over 30 experience in the US.
59014109

I cannot get recorded programes. The menu is on Preferences

Customer Question

I cannot get recorded programes. The menu is on Preferences at the top, and Games at the bottom. I have tried turning the machine off a few times, but it does not work.
What can I do?
Category: TV
Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
Hello, my name is Shahid, I'll be happy to assist you.
Please allow me to ask you a few questions to diagnose the problem.

- Can you please get em the model number written on back/ front of machine in question?
- Have you tried to unplug power cord of unit/ recorder from wall socket for 10 minutes to reset, replug and check?
If not yet, can you try it now and reply back the results?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

The model number of the machine is PVR-9150T I have tried several times switching it off and starting again without success. I even left it off all night!

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi shahid

I have just tried unplugging it from the wall socket, and leaving for 10 minutes or so, but it has not done anything.

Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
Thanks Roger for the info.
Sorry for delayed reply, I was away from computer, get back to you in few minute after looking into related manuals.

Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
OK, does the remote work to navigate the menu of recorder or the screen just stuck on Preferences and doesn't move?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

From Roger

Yes, the remote scrolls down from preferences to games, and will click on to them OK. But I can't get on to other menu icons.

Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
OK, and when you turn On the recorder, only the preferences page appears and Exit button does nothing like to get you to main menu?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I'm not sure I understand. We record the programme required by going to 'guide', and clicking on the item. It then records automatically either the single programme, or whole series as selected., but this is not coming up. We do not actually turn on the recorder separately To watch that recording we press menu and selecting 'record'. and the go to the list of recorded programmes and select from that. As it is now, only the preferences to games page appears when you press menu, and the exit button clears it

Hope this helps - I am getting a bit confused!

Roger

Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
ah OK, I was confused too and thought the menu/ preference page has stuck.
Please give me 30 minutes as some thing has come up and get back to you after 30 minutes, is this OK?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

OK

Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
Thanks, I'll message you soon.

Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
Hi Roger, thanks for giving me time.

Does the Menu show up and can you run channel search?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi shahid

I'm not sure what you mean. When I press Menu on the remote I get the set of icons from Preferences to Games, and I can index down to each of them. I search through the channels by pressing 'guide' and can run through all of them OK.

Roger

Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
Hi Roger,

This recorder is showing some odd things and I have no idea what could went wrong in it, let me open the question to others on website input and I hope some one will soon pick this question to assist you, I'm opting out now.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I will await to hear from you in due course.

I hope the payment I have authorised will not be taken until an answer is found?

Thanks for your help.

Roger

Expert:  adamd-mod replied 2 years ago.

Hello there,

Please note, I am just a moderator for this category, I can only try and find experts to help, I can't answer the question itself.

Adam

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Adam

If you can find the answer to the problem, please do. If not, I suppose I could take the machine to the retailer who sold it to us in the first place.

Roger

Expert:  adamd-mod replied 2 years ago.

We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.

Adam

Expert:  littlerusty2005 replied 2 years ago.
Hello, my name is Rusty. Do you recall a recent update on the recorder? Did you perform the update?