Aric
Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

not TV, i have a DVD video recorder DMR-EX75 and last week

not TV, i have a DVD video recorder DMR-EX75 and last week i turned off power to enable electric meter change. when i turned back on it would not work and i got the message UO1. unfortunately in a recent move i have mislaid the instruction manual. What does the message mean and how can i get the DVD player wotking again. i have been able to process to re initialize but nothing happens.
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 3 years ago.
Hello and I'm sorry to hear you're having problems. How long have you owned the player for please?

Also, are you able to get any response out of the player at all, or nothing at all besides the error message on the screen?

Have you tried disconnecting the unit from power, then press and holding the power button on the player itself (not the remote) for 10 seconds and then releasing?

Let me know and we can proceed.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I have owned the player since january 2007

i can occassionally get a response from the functions button on the remote control and can go to 'others' and then to 'set up' / 'install' and from there to 're initialise' or is it 're install' and when i press the yes key nothing happens.

I have just tried disconnecting from the power and holding the power button down as you suggested and when reconnected it has had no effect.

hope you can help sort this.

Expert:  Aric replied 3 years ago.
I'm sorry for the delay. Unfortunately I do know what the error message is caused by, but there is not a quick fix for it. This is an indication that the processor is faulty and preventing the unit from booting. The only way to fix this problem would be to have the processor board replaced in the recorder, which is a costly repair- encroaching on what the player cost when new. Since this unit is 7 years old, it is also at the end of it's designed lifetime, and as such would be better replaced than repaired. I know this is not the answer you'd hoped for, but with repairs costing $175 on this unit and a new one costing just over $200- it is simply not worth repairing.

If you need further assistance, then please press "Reply to Expert". Otherwise, please take a moment to RATE my service as Positive.