Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

HiI have a Finlux tv and it keeps turning itself off and

Customer Question

I have a Finlux tv and it keeps turning itself off and on

When it does this the remote doesn't work and the only way to stop it is to turn it off at the plug. Any suggestions? They have replaced the tv 3 times now with new ones and the same thing keeps happrning
Category: TV
Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
Hello, my name is Shahid, I'll be happy to assist you.
Please allow me to ask you a few questions to diagnose the problem.

- Does the TV work normal at any time or always does on-off when plug in?
- Can you please get me the model number written on back of TV?
- How old is the TV?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

It is happening all the time now, no picture this time thou just a blue screen

The model is 42f8075-t

This is actually the 4th tv I've had do this. The others were 40", but finlux just upgraded it for me

This tv is only a few weeks old
Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
Thanks Sarah for the info.

- So the blue screen appears all the time but TV doesn't turn Off and stays On, is this correct?
- Does the menu screen come up if press menu/home button on TV or its remote control?
- What video devices are connected to the TV and does the problem occur regardless of what video source is being played?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
TV is constantly turning it's self on and off when connected to the power supply.

Remote doesn't work at all. I've tried changing batteries but still nothing. I'

I've tried the manual buttons on the tv but nothing works

Nothing else is connected to the tv
Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
Sarah,

It seems the main controller chip on main board of TV has got internal failure for some reason so it boot up, shuts off, resets and boot up again and this goes on, it is hardware failure, sorry for the news.
Main board of TV would be replaced in TV to resolve the problem, since TV is brand new so please call the store or Finlux to get warranty cover. If it was my TV, I would prefer to return it to get another well known brand like Sony, Samsung or Panasonic to resolve the problem permanently.
It doesn't seem any wrong setting problem in TV and its rather hardware failure so the remote or control buttons on TV do not work either because TV doesn't boot up fully to give such options and shuts off in mid of boot up process due to internal failure and reboot again.

I trust my input will help you out. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.
A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on smiley face under the answer then click submit button so I can get credit on website for my work.
Regards,

Shahid.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your help

Just to clarify, it's nothing I've done or something I could do differently in future to prevent it happening again??

Is this a common thing??

Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
Basically it seems corrupted firmware (Tv internal software) issue and it is bit common problem with low price TVs in the market.
It is not user fault or any wrong settings in the TV that trigger the problem, I would recommend to get another brand TV from the store to resolve the problem.

I hope these info will help, please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.

Shahid.