Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

I have a digihome 32 inch tv 32180SM. It keeps going on and

I have a digihome 32 inch tv 32180SM. It keeps going on and off and I have no control over it. When it comes on the sound is coming from a different channel to the one seen on screen. Is there something I can do to fix it?
Category: TV
Expert:  Shahid replied 3 years ago.
Hello, my name is***** be happy to assist you.
Please allow me to ask you a few questions to diagnose the problem.
- Is the picture going On and Off or the TV itself shuts Off and back On itself?
- Does the TV menu options come up on screen if press Menu button on TV?
- How old is the TV and was there any storm in area that caused the problem?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The tv itself is going onand off. Nothing comes up on the screen. There are no buttons on the tv. Ive only had the tv a few weeks. There have been no storms

Expert:  Shahid replied 3 years ago.
Thanks Tammy for the info.
It seems the main processor chip internal failure as it boot up, resets for some reason and again boot up so that is why TV goes On and Off itself. Main board of TV, where the processor chip is mounted, need to be replaced, since TV is few weeks old so I hope it would have valid warranty so please call the store to get the TV replaced or repaired under warranty cover.
I'm sorry there is no easy or quick fix for this problem and it is definitely hardware failure that needs defective main board replacement to resolve the issue.
I trust my input will help you out. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.
A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on smiley face under the answer then click submit button so I can get credit on website for my work.
Regards,
Shahid.