Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

YouView system not the problem BUT my TV, a Wharfedale. turns

YouView system not the problem BUT my TV, a Wharfedale. turns itself off every so often; 30 mins or 10 mins or 43 mins etc. This only happens when its connected to the YouView Box otherwise it's great.
I have to unplug the TV, plug it in and start again until it does it again. I see that Wharfedale is not in the list of TV's in the YouView handbook. Is that the problem and if so
I wish I had been told before getting the system.
PLEASE. What is the answer? Buy another TV? Thanks in advance. Roy
Category: TV
Expert:  Shahid replied 3 years ago.
Hello, my name is***** be happy to assist you.
Please allow me to ask you a few questions to diagnose the problem.
- How the YouView system connected to the TV?
Is it scart cable, HDMI cable or yellow-red-white cable runs between YouView system and TV?
- What is the model number of TV and how old it is?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I use a Scart Cable to Scart 1 on the tv. I have separately used an HDMI cable but it made no difference so I'm now back to the scart cable.

The TV is a Wharfedale bought about 3 years ago. It's quite a large screen. I will need to go and look for the papers to find the model number.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Wharfedale 32" HD READY LCD TV. Model no. L32TA6A

Expert:  Shahid replied 3 years ago.
Thanks Roy for the model number info.
It seems problem with power supply board that has bad/ weak capacitors which are causing the problem and replacement of power supply board in TV will help to resolve the problem.
Required power supply board is available at following ebay link..
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/POWER-SUPPLY-FOR-TECHNIKA-WHARFEDALE-L32TA6A-32-LCD-TV-PSM210-417A-R-PHIHONGNG-/301213285338?pt=UK_Sound_Vision_Other&hash=item4621b5fbda
and a handy person can replace it easily in TV.
I trust my input will help you out. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.
A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on smiley face under the answer then click submit button so I can get credit on website for my work.
Regards,
Shahid.