carlday1
carlday1, Technician
Experience:  Self Employed TV Engineer
69505510

Hi guys. Have a problem with a Samsung PS51D6900DKXXU TV Accidentally

Hi guys. Have a problem with a Samsung PS51D6900DKXXU TV
Accidentally changed a setting in service menu and have 'bricked' TV
Remote or buttons on set will not work
Picture input has downgraded and no sound
Tried holding exit key for 15 secs but no avail
Is there any fix other than a physical service one? If not how much would this typically cost.
Category: TV
Expert:  carlday1 replied 3 years ago.
carlday1 :

Thank you for using Just Answer my name is ***** ***** I will help with your question.

You might need to get a service remote to enable you to enter service mode again.

What happens when you try and enter service mode again? How are you entering it?

Customer: Cannot get to service mode. None of the remote buttons seem to work, or the buttons on the facia
carlday1 :

Do you know what settings you changed?

Customer:

Only changed one variable - Struggling to remember which one. Changed it by accident and it went into a loop.Could not get out.Turned off and then TV would only boot after about 3 mins. Nothing working on remote or TV and TV boots in Standard Def with no vol.

carlday1 :

There are a couple of things you could try one is to reset the eprom but this involves taking the back off the tv and working with the set plugged in, or I would suggest getting a service remote for the set they are around £25 and this should enable you to get back into service mode and adjust the settings that got changed.