*ElectronicsTech
*ElectronicsTech, Customer Service
Experience:  I have over 15 years experience as an electronics repair and troubleshooting technician.
62741268

My Sony Bravia will not turn on all it has is a flashing red

Customer Question

My Sony Bravia will not turn on all it has is a flashing red light help
Category: TV
Expert:  *ElectronicsTech replied 2 years ago.

My name is***** will assist you.
I am sorry to hear that you are having this issue.

Is it the power/standby light that is flashing? If yes, follow the steps below to troubleshoot the TV.

Do a Power Reset.
Unplug the power cord of the TV from the electrical outlet.
Let the TV remain without power for 60 seconds, then while the power cord is disconnected press the power button on the TV for 20 seconds.
Plug the power cord back into the electrical outlet. (If the television is plugged into a power strip or surge protector, remove it from the power strip or surge protector and plug it directly into the wall outlet. Then replug the power cord and press the power button on the TV.

If the issue remains unresolved after performing the power reset, that will be an indication that the Sony's main power board has failed and will need to be replaced.

Do a Power Reset.
Expert:  info tech replied 2 years ago.
Welcome

Could you please get me the model number found on the back of the set?I will need this before I can give any idea of the issue

Thank You
Anthony

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Model number KDL-32L4000
Expert:  info tech replied 2 years ago.
OK the powerlight will be blinking and pausing please count the amount of red blinks between pauses please like 4 blinks pause 4 blinks as an example
Thank You
Let me know
Anthony
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
5 blinks red
Expert:  info tech replied 2 years ago.
Sony advice for this issue is that either the A or the G board is likely to be the problem do you intend on carrying out work yourself on the set?
Or are you looking for repair estimates?
I am sorry this is not a push button fix you do have an internal electronics issue with one of those boards.
Let me know please
Thank You
Anthony

The 5 blinks indicate the AKB circuit , the timer/standby indicator blinks for about 30 seconds then goes to the self-diagnosis function.This is most likely a failure on the C board.

.

.

.

.

Please let me know if you need any other assistance.
Please take a moment to rate my service positively.
Thank you very much!