Steven
Steven, Technician
Experience:  Licensed TV repair technician in the US with over 30 experience in the US.
59014109

This TV appears on but no sound and picture

Customer Question

Category: TV
Expert:  info tech replied 2 years ago.
Welcome
Thanks for the Question
Is the power light on the front of the set lit as in the ON mode?
If you press the menu button of the sets own remote control does the menu come up please?
How old is the set please?
Anthony
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

The Tv comes on and goes out again with no sound and picture. I changed the Power Board but the same thing happens. I decided to change the AV Board but I could not find this board to buy. I do not know the age of the TV.

Expert:  info tech replied 2 years ago.
I am sorry I can find no info on this model in my database I will opt out and hopefully soon another tech will contact you
Anthony
Expert:  carlday1 replied 2 years ago.
My name is ***** ***** I will help with your question.
Could you let me know what the power supply board model number is ***** if possible any board numbers for the main av board.
Does the tv backlight come on and stay on?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Carl!

the Power board is exactly the same as the original.17PW26-4.Where is the backlight? Where can I find it?

Expert:  carlday1 replied 2 years ago.
You will be able to see if the backlight is on by looking at the screen it should be lit up when the tv is on if the backlight is on. It can sometimes be hard to see.
Did you buy the tv new? I have just checked some information I have on that model of tv and it shows a different power supply it could just be the power supply model was changed during production.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Carl!

There is no backlight. The TV comes on and goes out immediately.It is a friend's TV.The Power Supply board is brand new.The same thing happened.I could not get the AV board to buy.Can you find me one?Grundig GU 37HD1080P.

Expert:  carlday1 replied 2 years ago.
Do you get a picture for a few seconds then it goes black?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

HiCarl!

No picture at all.It does not stay on,it goes off immediately.

Expert:  carlday1 replied 2 years ago.
Are you able to remove some cables from the power supply and let me know if it stays on. I can source an AV board for you but at the moment I am not sure if changing the AV board will fix the problem. I think it may be the inverter that is tripping the set back to standby.
Could you send me a photograph of the the tv with the back off and a close up of the power supply and connectors?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

With this set ,once you you turn on from the mains the blue light comes on and turns to amber. When you touch any of the control buttons you hear some tones from them but not happens. When I unplugged the Inverter cable remains on blue light but turns to ***** *****ght. When I unplugged the screen cable the same thing happened.

Expert:  carlday1 replied 2 years ago.
Sorry was away for a few days, Could you send me any board numbers that are on the main board and I will see if I can source one for you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Carlday1!

Thank you so much for your effort so far I hope you will be lucky to source one for me.The Television is: Grundig Model :GU37HD1080P. The Power Board is:17PW26-4. The main AV Board is: 17MB35-14 *********** (10069237 20619882 441 37")

The power Board is brand new. I was told that AV Board is no longer available. I don't mind a used but working one.

Sunday Ayeni

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Carlday1!

When are you going to reply me? i need an urgent answer before I return the set back to the owner on Thursday.

Sunday Ayeni

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi carlday1!

It appears you have given up on me as you have refused to get back to me . However the TV is now back to the owner.

Yours truly

Sunday Ayeni