littlerusty2005
littlerusty2005, Expert
Experience:  Plasma, LCD, LED, converters, resolution specialist.
63817454

I have a goodmans freeview box. gd11fvrsd32/gd11fvrsd50. When

I have a goodmans freeview box. gd11fvrsd32/gd11fvrsd50. When I switched it on the screen is telling me first time installation. I have had the box for some time with lots of recordings. If I start first time installation will I lose all the recordings?
Category: TV
Expert:  littlerusty2005 replied 3 years ago.
Hello, my name is Rusty. The cause of this, is due to a power failure in the flash memory. It could be anything from a dead battery (if it continues to happen) to a slight power surge.
It's a good thing that your recordings are on a hard drive, not flash memory.
The first time setup will guide you through tuning channels, and other settings, but it will not erase your hard drive. The only things that will erase your recordings are physical damage, or initialization (format) of the hard drive.