Viet - TV Tech
Viet - TV Tech, Technician
Experience:  Skills with TV Configurations.
30037186

Ive accidentally hit a button I dont know on my tv, its

I've accidentally hit a button I don't know on my tv, it's now on AV2 black screen and I can't get my virgin media services, they said it's not my box it's actual settings on my tv and I dint know how to fix! Can you help? I've had no tv for two days now
Category: TV
Expert:  Viet - TV Tech replied 3 years ago.
Hello! Thank you for your question. I will be assisting you today.

I'm sorry about the issue. What's the model of your TV?

Do you see a source or input button, etc. on the TV remote control, then use it to switch back to TV mode, etc.?

Please reply back at the box below. Thank you

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Did you get my reply?
Sorry, no, I did not get your reply. Can you please only reply at the box below on this web page? (Do not reply via email, etc.)

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I did use this box.
It's IDTV DV3 Viesa
No source or input button virgin asked for that

Sorry, I'm not sure why your reply did not go through previously, but did now.

Can you please check at the label (at the back of the tv) and get the exact model, such as TH-42PX45EH, or TH50PV500, etc.?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you,

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Tx-26lxd500

Thank you for providing me the model of your TV. There is a button called TV/AV (TV/AV) on the TV remote control, have you tried to press that to switch back from AV to TV? Press a couple of times as needed.

(You can also press the TV/AV button on the front panel of the TV; press a few times as needed.)

Please let me know if there is still any issue. Thank you,

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
No this does not help.. I thought I explained that? That's how I usually get switched over to virgin, it switches over but as I said I have a black screen with AV2 top left corner, virgin think it must be settings knocked off actual tv so they can't help, can you?

I'm sorry, you did not tell me you specifically pressed the TV/AV button previously. You just said "I've accidentally hit a button I don't know on my tv..."

- Can you press the TV/AV button on the remote control, then press the red button, and continue other color buttons as needed, i.e., green, yellow, blue...

- If that does not work, can you turn off the TV, then turn it back on, then right away, press the TV/AV button on the front panel of the TV; press a few times as needed.