Aric
Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

I have got a Digihome 32165 Led TV. It was working perfectly

I have got a Digihome 32165 Led TV. It was working perfectly until yesterday when it was on stand-by and would not turn on with the remote. I have changed the remote batteries and it is still just flashing on and off and will not go from stand-by. What do you suggest I do?
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 2 years ago.

Hello and I'm sorry to hear you're having problems. Can you please tell me how long you've owned the set for?

Also, disregarding the remote, if you attempt to turn the set on from the power button on the TV itself, will it respond in that case?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I cannot find a power button on the TV. Where is it?

Expert:  Aric replied 2 years ago.
I am unable to pull up a picture of it, but on the lower sides of the set it would be next to the channel, volume and Input buttons. Let me know if you cannot see them.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Found on/off button but still keeps on flashing.

Expert:  Aric replied 2 years ago.
I'm sorry to hear that. If the power light is blinking, then this indicates the TV is unable to boot up due to an internal fault unfortunately. This is typically caused by the Mainboard, or a Power Supply Board issue which does require service I'm afraid.
If the set is within one year from date of purchase, then I would suggest contacting the retailer to find the closest service center- as the set will need to be opened up, and then the power board tested using a meter, to determine if it's the power board or the mainboard that needs to be replaced.
If the set is beyond one year from the date of purchase, then unfortunately this type of repair is in the $200-$250 range and in all honesty, Digihome is an "Off Brad"- meaning that it's made up from parts made by different manufacturers and in most cases it is more cost effective to replace versus repair.
I'm sorry for the bad news, and I wish there were a quick fix for this today.
If you need further assistance let me know and once satisfied please do not forget to rate my service accordingly.
Expert:  Aric replied 2 years ago.
Hello, I just wanted to follow up with you and see If you've received all the information you needed. If not, feel free to reply back to me and I will continue to assist you. Best regards, Aric