info tech
info tech, Technician
Experience:  Television Engineer for many high street outlets 20 plus years experience
18621325

Samsung TV LE37A557P2F - colours faded. What is the cause and

Samsung TV LE37A557P2F - colours faded. What is the cause and the solution?
Category: TV
Expert:  info tech replied 2 years ago.
Welcome
Thanks for the Question
Sorry your having problems
If you press the menu button of the sets own remote control is the menu good and bright or is this too affected by this poor colour?its just the menu display itself I am interested in
If you use another input like a dvd player for example is that the same with this poor colour?
Let me know please
Anthony
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Menu on the remote is also faded. Dvd is the same, as is the Freesat box.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I'm not sure if you have received my previous two replies. The menu on the remote is faded, as is the Dvd player and the Freesat box

Expert:  info tech replied 2 years ago.
Hello Brian
Brian what happens when you press the menu button of the sets own remote is a signal comes directly out of a graphics chip and does not go anywhere else except directly to the LVDS (low voltage diff signal)lead to the tcon board and then onto the LCD panel so we then know that the problem is either the tcon board itself (LCD DISPLAY DRIVER BOARD)or the LCD panel (screen)
Its likely to be the tcon however the catch 22 is it cant be checked it can only be replaced to eliminate it now their is a 30% chance that it is the panel and that would be bad news as to replace the panel is not an option due to costs however it is likely this is the tcon board.
If you wish to pursue replacing this board yourself let me know I will provide all the necessary information to do that.
I am sorry this isnt anything easier
Let me know if you need more info or if you can do this work your total satisfaction is my goal even though in some cases it can be bad news
Please consider rating the answer positively, rating me positively enables me to receive credit from the site, thank you, ***** ***** will remain open and stay open as long as you need it, if you have any concerns please don't rate instead press the "reply to expert" tab and I will answer any queries you have
Many Thanks
Anthony