Nathan
Nathan, Installer
Experience:  Custom home theater installer, authorized dealer top brands.
59725966

My Humax HB-1000S no longer loads BBC iPlayer but I can receive

Customer Question

My Humax HB-1000S no longer loads BBC iPlayer but I can receive iPlayer on my computer still
Category: TV
Expert:  Nathan replied 2 years ago.
Nathan :

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble. We’ll get started chatting here.

If you’d prefer support beyond the chat format, you may also reach me directly via phone or a remote support session. I’ll send an additional services offer for these options - feel free to ignore it for now, it will be available to you at any time during or after our conversation.

Nathan :

Are you having issues with any other application or network function (not just regular tv channels) on the humax?

Nathan :

Initially, can you please try rebooting the box, by actually unplugging it at the mains for 60+ seconds

Nathan :

If that doesn't help, it likely needs a firmware update

Nathan :

Go into the humax settings menu, then to System Settings, then to Software Update.

JACUSTOMER-7vdxtwdq- :

I have tried each of your suggestions with the following results:-

JACUSTOMER-7vdxtwdq- :

At 10am yesterday - inlayer worked fine. Also at 3pm. But at 7pm I could not log on although I could use 4-OD. I'd be grateful for your further suggestions.

Nathan :

When you did the update, did anything new download/install?

Nathan :

At the point that it stopped working, did you happen to try the reboot once more? If not please do so and see if that makes a difference.

Nathan :

If not, and it continues to work sporadically through the day but has trouble again in the evening, then it is most likely just a bbc issue. What I would expect is happening is that there are so many users online at those peak times that their servers are getting congested and just can't keep up with the volume. There is no fix for that other than to wait and try again later, though it could be a humax specific connection speed problem Is the box using a wifi or wired internet connection?