Nathan
Nathan, Installer
Experience:  Custom home theater installer, authorized dealer top brands.
59725966

My Panasonic tv has just lost its picture but the sound is

My Panasonic tv has just lost its picture but the sound is o k
I have been on to sky as I thought might be the hd box but after several tests they say it is the tv.
TV is about 5 years old..is it viable to repair and where?
Dave Spencer
Category: TV
Expert:  Nathan replied 3 years ago.
Nathan :

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble. We’ll get started chatting here.

If you’d prefer support beyond the chat format, you may also reach me directly via phone or a remote support session. I’ll send an additional services offer for these options - feel free to ignore it for now, it will be available to you at any time during or after our conversation.

Nathan :

Dave, can you tell me a bit more?

Nathan :

Does it happen on all inputs/sources (sky, dvd, game, media player, etc)?
Can you bring up the panasonic on screen setup menu?

Nathan :

Could you give me the full model number of the tv by chance? Or if you don't know tell me the approximate screen size and if you think it is plasma or LCD

Customer:

Yes on all sources

Customer:

No ...cannot bring up any picture at all.....Model No...TX-32LZD80...Serial No..NH-8610546

Nathan :

Good morning, sorry I missed you last night (I'm in the US)

Nathan :

Being on all sources and no menu, this indicates in internal hardware defect.

Nathan :

Whether it is practical to repair or not really depends on your skill level. If you are comfortable opening up the tv and working on the electronics yourself, you can probably repair it for $100 or less.

Nathan :

Taking it to a local shop for repairs wouldn't be economical, you'd spend $300+, which is more than enough to replace it with a brand new tv, with current technology (LED) and a fresh warranty.

Nathan :

Depending how you'd like to proceed here, I can help with finding parts, finding a local repair shop, or recommending replacement options.

Customer:

I would like to find a local repair shop just to get a quote and go from there..thanks

Nathan :

Sure. You most likely have a bad inverter board, though there are several possible causes. With parts and labor charges, this will typically be more than you'd spend on a new tv of this size. Can you tell me your city or postal code?

Customer:

gl17 9as

Nathan :

Gogglebox
Unit 6, Lynwood Court, Bakers Park, Cater Road, Bishopsworth, Bristol, UK, BS13 7TT
01179 358989

Nathan :

Genserve
Unit 11, Caen View, Rushy Platt, Swindon, Swindon, UK, SN5 8WQ
01793 886 333

Nathan :

Fault Finders
Unit 17 Fairwater Units, Norbury Road, Fairwater, Cardiff, UK, CF5 3BG
029 205 54602

Nathan :

These are the closest to you.

Nathan :

They may give you an approximate quote over the phone,

Nathan :

but before taking it in, keep in mind that most will charge a $50-100 diagnostic fee just to look at it. That is typically applied to the final repair cost, but if you opt not to repair, then you're out that fee.

Nathan :

If you have any other questions, just let me know. Otherwise, please do remember to rate my service prior to logging off, hopefully I have earned an “excellent”. I also invite you to contact me directly with any future support needs at http://www.justanswer.com/electronics/expert-p0llinate/

Thank you, ***** ***** a good day,

Nathan