Steven
Steven, Technician
Experience:  Licensed TV repair technician in the US with over 30 experience in the US.
59014109
TV

12:45 a message came up no signal I waited then I unplugged

12:45 a message came up... Show More
12:45 a message came up 'no signal' I waited then I unplugged for 20secs then plugged back in I am now getting a message 'Tivo box unable to prepare channel information Try again to prepare information ' nothing happens.
Category: TV
Show Less
Shahid, Technician
replied 2 years ago.
Hello, my name is***** be happy to assist you.
Please allow me to ask you a few questions to diagnose the problem.
- Did you unplug Tivobox or TV from wall socket?
Customer reply replied 2 years ago.

I unplugged tivobox

Customer reply replied 2 years ago.

I unplugged Tivobox from wall socket

Shahid, Technician replied 2 years ago.
OK, have you tried to unplug Tivobox for 5 minutes to reset, replug and check?
If not yet, can you try it now and reply back with the result?
Customer reply replied 2 years ago.

unplugged for 5mins checked all cables message 'Network Availability (130). All channels out

Shahid, Technician replied 2 years ago.
OK, can you check the channels on TV after an hour?
Customer reply replied 2 years ago.

The only channel that works is 'My shows and recordings' the trouble is the channel won't turn off

Shahid, Technician replied 2 years ago.
OK, can you please check the cables at rear of tivo box to make sure all are plugged securely and tight?
Customer reply replied 2 years ago.

done that

Shahid, Technician replied 2 years ago.
OK, let me open the question to others on website for input on this issue, I'm opting out and I hope some one will soon respond.
Aric, Technician
replied 2 years ago.
Hello and I'm sorry to hear you're having problems. My name is ***** ***** I'm a different Expert.
Can you please tell me the make and model number of the Tivo box, and how long you've owned it for?
Additionally, are there any other TV's, or Tivo boxes in the house that ARE working off of the same Aerial connection?
Customer reply replied 2 years ago.

Sorry I can't find the number it just says Virgin media CISCO I think I have had it about 10years. Yes I have one upstairs that is also Cisco the only number I can find is VBOX HD 4585 and they are off the same Aerial.

Aric, Technician replied 2 years ago.

Okay thank you. What I'm asking is if other sets in the house ARE able to get signal?

Also, is the Cisco Virgin Cable Box connected to the Tivo box (two separate boxes), or is it one and the same?

Aric, Technician replied 2 years ago.
Customer reply replied 2 years ago.

two separate boxes

Aric, Technician replied 2 years ago.
Okay, we're missing comprehensive information that I am requesting.

You stated there was another box in the house, but never told me if that box WAS providing signal with no problems?

Also, I need the model of the TIVO box- not the Cisco box.