info tech
info tech, Technician
Experience:  Television Engineer for many high street outlets 20 plus years experience
18621325

Model UE46D5520. When I turn tv on I get no sound unless I

Customer Question

Model UE46D5520. When I turn tv on I get no sound unless I turn the volume up to over 50 then I turn it down to 14. Sometimes I loose the sound later as we'll and have to turn the volume up to retrieve it
Category: TV
Expert:  info tech replied 3 years ago.
Welcome
Thanks for the Question

How are you viewing TV services please?satellite\cable box\aerial?

Anthony
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Satelite
Expert:  info tech replied 3 years ago.

The sound is processed in the satellite box so please tryba reboot of the box by unplugging the box from the wall waiting 5 mins then replugging back in again it may be a good idea to do the same with the TV

Let me know if this clears the fault or not

I am sending a rating bar please only rate if problem resolved OR we reach a conclusion if not please press the reply to expert tab without rating and I will continue helping

Many Thanks
Anthony
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Tried all that
Expert:  info tech replied 3 years ago.

So you have rebooted the TV and the box thanks

OK to eliminate the box as the cause you need to try another input like a DVD player or similar let me know if its the same using one of those

Anthony
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Yes it's the same thing
Expert:  info tech replied 3 years ago.

OK I am sorry to be bringing all these questions of my own up but they are very important OK so we now know that for sure the TV has a problem now their are two things here one is a problem with the sound amp which is mounted on the mainboard and will mean mainboard replacement OR a problem with the firmware taht controls the mainboard, I cant get into the samsung site as its coming up with an error so please go to the samsung site under support for your set and see if their is a system firmware upgrade for the set which you then need to carry out using the firmware guide (assuming their is a firmware upgrade)basically you download the firmware to a usb drive and this is inserted into the usb or sd socket on the set you then follow the prompts.

Let me know if their is an upgrade and if you carry this out successfully,if after that the problem persists we will need to replace the mainboard I will provide more details on you being able to do that assuming you are "hands on" enough to carry out the work.

Let me know how it goes

Please consider rating the answer positively, rating me positively enables me to receive credit from the site, thank you, the session will remain open and stay open as long as you need it, if you have any concerns please don't rate instead press the "reply to expert" tab and I will answer any queries you have

Many Thanks

Anthony