info tech
info tech, Technician
Experience:  Television Engineer for many high street outlets 20 plus years experience
18621325

I have a 19 inch Hitachi television (model number: 32AV6150B,

I have a 19 inch Hitachi television (model number: 32AV6150B, serial number: 921G23P13076L1). I have had the set for about two years and the sound reproduction has never been good. Now, however, the sound is so muffled, it sounds as though it is coming through a cloud of cotton wool. what could be the trouble and how can it be fixed?
Category: TV
Expert:  info tech replied 3 years ago.
Welcome
Thanks for the Question
How old is the set please?
Has this been hapening over a length of time getting worst?
Anthony
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The set is about three years old and the problem has been getting worse recently.

Expert:  info tech replied 3 years ago.
Hi Brian
How are you viewing TV services please?is it satellite\cable box\aerial?
Anthony
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I am watching Freeview via an aerial.

Expert:  info tech replied 3 years ago.
Hi Brian
Im not sure if you have an actual fault here please plug in another input like a dvd player and let me know what the sound is like with this
Anthony
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I am sorry. I have misled you. My television is a Toshiba, NOT Hitachi. Can you still help?

Expert:  info tech replied 3 years ago.
Yes I knew it was a Tosh
If you can get another input in there and let me know what the sound is like it will help thanks
Anthony
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I have played two pr0fessional DVDs and the sound is still muffled.

Brian

Expert:  info tech replied 3 years ago.
Hi Brian
Brian do other people think the sound is bad too?
If thats the case then the mainboard containing the sound processing and amplifier will need to be replaced do you think you can do this work yourself?I will provide all the necessary info required to do that, I just need to know that you are a "hands on" individual
Let me know thank you
Anthony
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes, I am willing to give it a go. Where do I get one from?

Brian

Expert:  info tech replied 3 years ago.
Hi Brian
Brian what you need to do is get the back off the set locate the main board thats the one with all the AV connectors on and get the board out of the set by unplugging it and undoing the screws that hold it to the chassis the retrieve the part number from the board itself on a sticky label or etched on the board and go to www.flattvparts.co.uk or google the part number
Its the reverse to fit the replacement board plug and play
Let me know if you need more info
Please consider rating the answer positively, rating me positively enables me to receive credit from the site, thank you, ***** ***** will remain open and stay open as long as you need it, if you have any concerns please don't rate instead press the "reply to expert" tab and I will answer any queries you have
Many Thanks
Anthony